26's Mounted up :D couple questions

tried a shit load of different lugs today, I'm sure its the studs :( Also I know I have shitty tires, but theres gotta be something I can do to make this ride more bearable, over 50 mph steering wheel shakes, and steering feels very loose..They were all balanced at discount tire a couple days ago before my dad brought them home and I mounted them..

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

go get a wheel alignment

I will go hit belletire tomorrow/..hopefully they're cool, around here they act like if you run anything larger than 24's you're a total retard lol

I just got an aligment about a month ago when I replaced my ties rods, I'm assuming since I put on these new wheels and tires that that alignment went to waste?

from what I've seen, the bigger the rim/mag and lower the profile of tyre the harder and stiffer the ride will be. do you still have your old 24's?

I can handle rough and stiff ride..I just hate the steering wheel shaking and looseness...I wish I still had my 24" U2-55s I sold them last year, I would trade these for some brand new u2-55's and tires lol

Get extended studs.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

Get extended studs.

Is that something I can do at home by myself?
I'm not sure how it's setup on your truck but I did it on my oldsmobile before. Wasn't hard at all.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

ARP Makes extended studs, I don't see why you would need them though. But yeah, they are called gorilla lugnuts, that's what i've always called them, and ordered them by. If you get longer studs, you would need open ended lugnuts also. Which again, those are probably bigger then your actual bolt hole sizes where the lug nut fits into.

You'd have to pull off the hubs, and press out the old ones, and press in the new ones. The rear, i'd assume you have to take off the dif cover, pull out the axle's and at that point, you're just in way too deep lol.

May need to find a steering stabalizer / shock absorber, or strut, whatever its called, could help out a lot.

And i'd see if you have another reputable shop that does balancing. Discount tire is garbage. At least here, its trash and they fuck everything up. Sooo many bad reviews.

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

• 2 weeks later...

dont think you need to go thru replacing studs only if u need the two that are bad, if studs were needed none of the lugs would of worked

im an assistant manager at discount tire, i would go in and ask for hub rings $5 they make up for the spare between the hub of the truck and the inner diameter of the wheel...makes it hubcentric or fit close to what the factory hub is on the oem wheel (google hub rings to get an idea of what they are)

see if that helps, now air pressure make sure its not maxed out, id run like 40-45 psi that may help

hope that helps

Archived