Second Skin Audio

i got a american bass xfl 15 recently and i heard the do great around 30 hertz so i need to build a box around that the space i have is 4o inches wide 32 deep and 17 tall but the trunk opening is only 34 wide by 20 tall. i have a optima and a hifonics brutus the size doesnt matter just needs to be removable to i can have space to go home i also wanted to know witch is better sub up or back twords the trunck lid or twords the driver i like to ride with the back seats down to get more bass and witch way the port shouldbe faced and what kind if port complexity is not an issue.

car? btw check your dimensions for removing its not gonna be 40in. wide a trunk opening is very limiting

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

So here is a suggestion, power: to sub(s) rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 3 1/2", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

xfl15.jpg

PFSFDBalt_zps005133af.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Joe x I would like to know what the back slot port length would be at 33 Hz tuned. I have the same sub going to be powerd by a soundstream rubi 1600

Sorry I didn't see this earlier, box size would change a little due to the port size change, sure your max dims you have are the same as the above?

Archived