Second Skin Audio

I have two amps in my car. one powers the door speakers (400 amp rms - rockford fosgate amp) and other power 12in subwoofer (750 amp rms - rockford fosgate amp). Both the amp is getting power through 4 gauge wire and grounded with 4 gauge wire. The door speakers work great, but the subwoofer hardly moves.

I tried two different head units (stock & after market) and yet the sub hardly moves. The after market HU came with dedicated subwoofer output, while with the stock HU, i had to splice into front speakers wires to get signal for subwoofer. In both cases, the sub was weak with gain all the way high.The sub is getting signal, but its not moving the way a 12in should move. It only starts to move properly when i increase the bass boost & punch eq (i know this is not good).

I went through some trouble shooting - making sure ground is securely attached, power etc etc. Yet, still can't figure out what is happening.

I took it to a stereo shop and he agreed to diagnose for $65. But i've always had issues taking my car to shops and i'm wary of taking the car to the shop.

What do you guys think is happening? Is there any one in chicago who might be able to take a look and help me out !!!

Thanks,

What vehicle? Grounding location? What type of 4 ga wire are you using? What speaker wires are you using?

Answer these questions and people will have a better idea what might be happening.

Vehicle: 2013 Ford F-150 STX SuperCab 5.0L V8 4x4

BIG 3: Knukonceptz Kolossus Fleks 0 Gauge OFC Power Amp Kit

Headunit: Stock (Leaving factory look)

Speakers: Stock

Subwoofer: Incriminator Audio Lethal Injection 10" D2 wired down to 1 ohm

Enclosure: ~1.5 cubic feet tuned to ~34 Hz (Port Area ~24 inches)

Amplifier(s): Sundown Audio SAE1000.1D

Amp Power Kit: Knukonceptz Complete 4 Gauge OFC Amplifier Installation Kit

Car: Mazda 3, 2009

Speaker wire to sub: 12 gauge

Power/ground wire: OFC from http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001U636NQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Grounding: Rear seat bolts.

Please ask if you need more info. I'm a total nooob in this.

Battery in front with engine? I wouldn't use the seat bolt. Found that our the hard way myself. Lol.

Power/ground wire: OFC from http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001U636NQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Battery in front with engine? I wouldn't use the seat bolt. Found that our the hard way myself. Lol.

What happened in your case when you used the seat bolt as ground? and what kind of difference did it make when you changed the grounding point to something else.

What happened in your case when you used the seat bolt as ground? and what kind of difference did it make when you changed the grounding point to something else.

It would cut out and my subwoofer would try to play. But would only play on very low volume levels. Now I can listen it it at my normal listening volume without it cutting out.

Archived