Sundown Audio

Differences between Zv4 V1 and V2

I have one of the "old" Zv4s (12 inch) I bought last fall and now I see they've got the rev.2 out.

I've looked on Sundowns website and various other veders and can't find the answers.

I know the surround is different but are there any other changes? I noticed they increased in price the Zv4 12 was $529.99 and now it's $599.99.

Syphlyns 2000 F150 4.6L V8

H/U: Kendwood KDC-X898

Speakers: 4 x Alpine SPR-68 Speakers

4 Channel Amp: Alpine PDX-F4

Sub: Sundown Zv4 12

Sub Amp: Sundown SAZ-2000D

Box: 2.75 Cu Ft @ 31Hz

Alternator: Mechman 250A elite series

Wiring: All KnuKoncepz 0 gauge OFC + KnuKonceptz Krystal RCAs

They are using a different surround like you said, it is a bit stiffer roll, and with that they are using a spider package with less layers to accommodate the stiffer surround, but over all with the new surround/spiders the woofers stay more linear.

All new ZV4s are using USA made coils which cost a bit more compared to the older Chinese coil, which allows for a higher temperature rating as well, but power ratings still are advertised the same.

They are also now built to order and assembled at Sundown HQ, for the best possible build quality, unlike the old ZV4 Rev.1s that where assembled in China (unless you had ordered yours to be custom).

The Rev.2 has tweaked the motor venting & some small tweaks to reduce THD. Motor size is still the same and pretty much identical looking.
Jacob has said that the woofers can still be compatible with each other in the same install as long as both woofers are using the same soft parts as well.

I think that is about it.