Mechman Alternators

Engine temp hotter with new mechman 320 billet unit....

It definately increases the temp when running the stereo hard, not sure if its jsut the alternator heating up and causing the temp sensor to go up or if its heating up the coolant thru the radiator hose running directly on top of the alternator

i idled the car for 30 mins and drove it for 20 mins with no stereo playing and temp stayed around 1/3 on the gauge,starting hammering the bass and it quickly rose over half way on the gauge and stayed up

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

do you have electric fans?

if im moving its showing me im at 1/4 on my temp. if i stop during traffic hours my temps rise to a bit passed half then my fans kick in and takes me back to 1/4 on my temp gauge. maybe you are just over thinking this.. you have a thermostat, cooling fan, coolant, and a water pump that controls the temperature of the engine so if it is getting hotter than normal then you have other things to look at instead of the alternator

its a belt driven fan,always on

i think it may be the temp sensor heating up from alternator heat and giving a reading of it being hotter then normal, gauge has never risen as high before alternator install,going to try changing thermostat tommorow see if anything happens

Kenwood excelon ddx795

McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

you can actually relocate the temp sensor but i doubt that would cause it to send a bad reading. the probe is in the water passage so there is no way other heat sources can effect the reading

the mechman alternator i have and even the singer get way hotter than my stock but they dont effect the engine temperature. when was the last time you replaced your coolant?

Edited by Miguels

going to try the thermostat and then if that dont help will get a radiator flush prolly.

Kenwood excelon ddx795

NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

2007 Yukon xl

dude how long has it been since you done the coolant.. it only takes few years before it needs to be replaced. if its been 2 years or over that then it needs to be replaced. even if youre not having overheating issues its good to replace it. just like motor oil and trans fluid

i would also look into replacing that mechanical fan and installing electrical fans to free up some ponies.. forget about the amperage draw. if the car is moving they wont even turn on. unlike the mechanical one, its a constant drag on the engine that robs from the horsepower. my car has 2 fans and they hardly ever turn on. the only time they turn on its when there is traffic and they only stay on for a minute or two.. then again i do maintain my car and has new water pump and coolant

Edited by Miguels