Port area. what does it affect?

very nice topic! so bad i got here so late but i´m still gonna add a couple of things!!

I´m with my boy triticum here, aka huge , there´s no problem with the big ass port area other than having a long port, he says 50" long is the max he goes, i way WAY shorter than that, i´ve been competing and testing for spl and daily boxes so many years, that i already found out that the longest aero you can go is about 20" , more than that, trust me that even with a lower tuning you would loose output on lows for exampler.

Krakin said there´s a math that gives you the same efficency on an slot port and aero, would love to know that, but on my own experience and testing, there´s a 29% difference between those ports, in other words, if a 6" aero is the best you found out for your application and want to use slot port now, you would need 36.5" SQ of slot port area and same goes with the lenght, if 20" is the longest i go for an aero, then slot port would be 26"; honestly speaking, best way is to test test test and find out what works better for you, i´ve changed the port on my explorer 4 times already, once i add more power or even reinforce the cabin a little bit, output, power and impedance changes like hell, you only need the time and effort to get loud, my explorer is already burping 158.6 dbs @ 44 hz with 5600 clamped watts!!!! how did i do that??? well, my wife was pregnant and i didn´t have the money too add more power or anything like that, so i´ve had to work my ass on that piece of crap car, funny thing is, i´m still using a single stetsom 11K wired at 1 ohm :)

I was looking for you to comment in every page man..... :)

haha thanks man, between work and family i barey have any time to get on the forums, how´s the car doing? still on small port area i see lol

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived