Tahoe Battery Current Sensor

So I just got a 2005 Chevy Tahoe a couple weeks ago. I'm slowly getting all my equipment put back in. I am currently waiting for an XS D3400 for under the hood. While running my wires to the back this weekend I noticed a few things. The main thing I noticed is this vehicle seems to have a "battery current sensor." I've seen a few people on the forum have these but really couldn't find all that much info on it. How will this affect my big 3 when I get ready to do it? What are your suggestions? Remove the current ground in the sensor and replace with a 1/0 cable? What about any other ground? Any help is appreciated. I will post some pictures below.

Here are some pictures of the sensor I am referring to.

w3hhUhG.jpg

tJUziEr.jpg

Y9U6b2s.jpg

Here are my runs to the back. There is also a ground directly from the frame coming up to the back for the back battery bank.

gYHwWVD.jpg

In my 03, I did not run my big three grounds through that. No issues.

Edit: and I left the stock ground in place.

I removed the stock ground and ran my own. It caused me to charge high. Whatever ground you have at stock battery, make sure it's ran through that sensor

Thanks for the fast response. Where did you run your ground that you put through the sensor? The frame, alt bracket, or another location? I assume that the point of this is to put as much of the load through the sensor to keep the voltage up. So what about additional grounds at the starting battery? Will this cause the load at the sensor to be less causing lower voltage?

In my 03, I did not run my big three grounds through that. No issues.

Edit: and I left the stock ground in place.

03 doesn't have it. 05+ has it if I remember right

Well that explains why it looked foreign to me haha. Thank you.

Archived