Alternator Whine issue *figured out* UPDATE pg.11

The guys at droppinhz seem like they take care of their customers I'd just give them a call in the am or shoot them an email, im sure they will take care of your issues

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Alright, I guess I can at least try. I'll send them an email here in a bit.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

http://www.termpro.com/asp/pubs.asp?ID=121

Good article on getting rid of noise.

Have a similar issue now myself after I added another amplifier to my system

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Try calling cody he's a good guy see what he suggests. I've been dealing with him for a long time and he has always taken care of me.

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

I unplugged the alt today like you suggested and the noise quit. It could be engine noise I guess and not alt whine.

turn the key to aux and run your gear....

ill bet there is hiss...

Alright Kyle I turned my car off and then on to acc and like you said there was a hiss. So its not alternator whine?

well.. the alt isnt in the picture is it??

your his is floor noise, or other.... imho

I unplugged the alt today like you suggested and the noise quit. It could be engine noise I guess and not alt whine.

turn the key to aux and run your gear....

ill bet there is hiss...

Alright Kyle I turned my car off and then on to acc and like you said there was a hiss. So its not alternator whine?

well.. the alt isnt in the picture is it??

your his is floor noise, or other.... imho

Alright, thank you for the help man.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400

This problem is really bugging me. I didn't have any noise at all when I was running the MB Quart and all I did was swap it with the nemdo and boom noise, before I changed any of the setup (running grounds to back and installing Singer alt). I sent a email to DropphinHZ through their webpage and we will see where it goes from there. If it is the amp I'm either going to return it (if they let me) or sell it and buy the Ampere Audio 150.4.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400

Have you tried throwing the mb quart back in to see if it's noise free?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

If I still had it I would but I already sold it. I'm going to try and get another amp and see if it goes away

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400

do you have any friends by you that would let you test there amp out to see if your amp is the issue?

Archived