Alternator Whine issue *figured out* UPDATE pg.11

wire two of the 4 ohm speakers together for a 8ohm load on each side and run it as a two channel amp. see if that fixes the fault

Okay I'll give that a shot tomorrow. I'm also gonig to hook up a SQ1200.1 tomorrow and see if I get whine from it.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

I bought the nendo 1100.4 and had noise issues, i never ran an amp this big on mids and highs and never had wine problems. I purchased it from crescendo website,and i sent it back to get checked out. meanwhile i bought a dc 175.4 from sonic , cause it matched the dc9k i was running. Same noise problem was there with the dc amp. I also tried grounding the head unit, got some high fidelity rca"s from dropping hertz. the noise is still there, just thought i would share cause i wasted a lot of time and money buying a new amp, when the problem is obviously somewhere else in my install.

Yeah I know what you mean. That why I'm going to wait till I absolutely know it's the amp before I send it back. I have a week off soon so I'm god g to tear everything out again and double check things.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400

wire two of the 4 ohm speakers together for a 8ohm load on each side and run it as a two channel amp. see if that fixes the fault

I wired the speakers down to 8 ohm and ran it as a two channel and didnt help. Im also used a friends SQ1200.1 and I didnt hear any noise but that might be because the low pass filter only went up to 200hz but idk. Im going to buy a amp I found that is about $150 and see if the noise is gone. If it is then I will have DroppinHZ warranty the amp. If not then Im tearing the car apart again to find what is causing this issue. No matter what I will solve this issue though haha.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400

Just bench test the amp. If it makes the noise on a bench outside the car, then the amp is definitely the problem.

I'll see if I can put a bench test together.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so im pretty sure I have figured the source of the noise. I bench tested the amp and it worked perfectly on the bench and when I put it back in the car the noise was back. I hooked up some RCA directly from the HU to the amp without running them under the carpet and no noise. However when I run them back behind the HU the noise comes back. Im am tearing out the center console tomorrow to see if there is a live wire or something behind there that is causing the interference.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400