tiny alternator need more power or better planning?

Ok guys sorry if I put this in the wrong place.

That being said I have an 09 explorer Eddie 4.0 v6. I am running a r.e.audio dts 1500.1 and matching 500.4 these amps are killing my power and dimming my lights in a most horrible fashion I had 2 r.e.sr-pro 15s (320 rms) ran at 1 ohms (till I killed one hahaha. I have been told that the alternator can not be upgraded but I'd like to go bigger than the 1200 total rated rms but how do I get around my low power situation? Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated thanks in advance.

D.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do the big 3 (if you haven't already) along with upgrading the starting battery first. All the power is traveling through that front battery, it gets used most often, and it gets the hottest, so it's a top priority.

Cables and wires almost never fail; the terminations do.

If your batteries are wired without an isolator then they are acting as one battery. It is best to upgrade both, but I would start with which ever is the weaker battery if you can only do one at a time.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Ok I have been doing some research on batteries and best I can find and afford right now is a Duracell agm which I believe is a rebadged deka intimidator do you know anything about this Duracell branded agm batt?

I don't know if it's rebadged anything and really don't care. It did however do justice for me and I liked it. When the o'reilley agm takes a shit I'm going to get one of those under the hood.

Archived