Alternator's that aren't $$$$$ ?

The term, "You get what you pay for" comes to mind when reading this. You either pay for an alternator that uses OEM components from a reputable company or you pay for an alternator that has aftermarket oversea components. One comes with a 1-2 year warranty and the other comes with a life time warranty, it's likely you'll end up using the lifetime warranty a few times before you get sick of replacing or paying someone to replace the alternator. You spend a $1000-$2000 on audio equipment and cheap out on the thing that maintains the equipment you're gonna have a bad time, like the other people above me "You gotta pay to play".

Buying the biggest alternator allows you to upgrade more later if you want.

This is for my daily driver, and I will not be upgrading the system in it beyond what I already have. I have another vehicle for a balls to the wall build.

LOL yeah sure you won't :spiteful: that's what we all say dude. I started off with a small MTX set up and look at my sh*t now LOL. It's never enough it's like crack. Spend the money now you'll thank yourself in the end.

Vehicle: 2001 Oldsmobile Alero Sedan Gold Edition

Headunit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Front: Polk DB461

Rear: Infinity Kappa 693.11i

Speaker amp: Kenwood Excelon 4/100-4

Sub Stage: Dual 12" Tantric MD's in a 3.2 sealed Cherrycustoms box

Sub Amp: Sound Qubed Q1-2200D

Amp Wiring: Sky High 0 gauge OFC, Sky High 4 gauge OFC and Knuconceptz Krystal RCA Kables

Big 3 Wiring: Sky High 0 gauge OFC

Second battery-Sprinter S12V285F 83ah and H/O Singer 320 alt

Buying the biggest alternator allows you to upgrade more later if you want.

This is for my daily driver, and I will not be upgrading the system in it beyond what I already have. I have another vehicle for a balls to the wall build.

LOL yeah sure you won't :spiteful: that's what we all say dude. I started off with a small MTX set up and look at my sh*t now LOL. It's never enough it's like crack. Spend the money now you'll thank yourself in the end.

What I have in my daily is all I want. It's already broke all my roof braces and other parts of the truck lol. Like I stated before, I have a Jeep that I am going to put 6-8 Sundown X's or SSA Evil's in. Until then, what is in my daily driver will be fine. I also put a rear battery in my truck before slamology. Just not sure my stock alt has the charging amps that I need. That's why I was wondering if there was a slight upgrade alternator I could use, without having to purchase a $600+ 270 amp alt.

Sometimes it's not you get what you pay for.. Some companies charge like reputable companies. iraggi to name one. Sometimes what you pay doesn't determine quality

Call Mechman, Singer, etc. and talk to them, like stated above. A factory alt for my car was very close to the price I paid mechman for an alt. I figured hell, I might as well pay the extra and get it out the way now. FYI I did not pay 600+ for my alt. If you were at Slamology, you probably saw Singer and Mechman booths there. Could of tried to work out a deal with them.

Call Mechman, Singer, etc. and talk to them, like stated above. A factory alt for my car was very close to the price I paid mechman for an alt. I figured hell, I might as well pay the extra and get it out the way now. FYI I did not pay 600+ for my alt. If you were at Slamology, you probably saw Singer and Mechman booths there. Could of tried to work out a deal with them.

Mechman doesn't have any for my vehicle, and I just sent an email to singer for a quote.

Looks like DC has them for your vehicle. Well worth the money too....

System:

Pioneer DEH-8400BH

4 Alpine Type R 6.5's

4 Soundqubed PA 6.5's

4 Soundqubed Supertweets

Hifonics BRX 640.4

Crescendo S800/4

2 Soundqubed Q1-3500.1s strapped @1ohm

2 Soundqubed HDC4 18's

11 Cubes net @37hz (Subs up, port back)

2 DC Power 250 HD's

1 DC Power 300 SPX

DC Power triple alt bracket

5 Kinetik HC 1800's

4 runs of 1/0 OFC power cables

4 runs of 1/0 OFC grounds from rear battery bank to OEM alt bracket

iPad Air in dash

300+ sq ft or sound deadening

Then buy a battery for the back. If you can't find a higher output OEM from an auto parts store, your only other option is to buy a secondary battery.

Archived