Alternator's that aren't $$$$$ ?

If you dont have enough cash for an alternator, how are you going to afford 6-8 X or Evils in a Jeep that will probably require a couple thousand dollars in electrical?

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like DC has them for your vehicle. Well worth the money too....

Like I said, not going to pay $600 I know they are good, I just don't have that kind of money for an alternator.

Missed the part about only running 1200w..... You don't need a HO alt. U should prob just add a 2nd battery and be done with it.

Edit: unless your stock alt is really small u shouldn't need to upgrade it.

System:

Pioneer DEH-8400BH

4 Alpine Type R 6.5's

4 Soundqubed PA 6.5's

4 Soundqubed Supertweets

Hifonics BRX 640.4

Crescendo S800/4

2 Soundqubed Q1-3500.1s strapped @1ohm

2 Soundqubed HDC4 18's

11 Cubes net @37hz (Subs up, port back)

2 DC Power 250 HD's

1 DC Power 300 SPX

DC Power triple alt bracket

5 Kinetik HC 1800's

4 runs of 1/0 OFC power cables

4 runs of 1/0 OFC grounds from rear battery bank to OEM alt bracket

iPad Air in dash

300+ sq ft or sound deadening

Then buy a battery for the back. If you can't find a higher output OEM from an auto parts store, your only other option is to buy a secondary battery.

I'd say no to that you're just going to strain an already small alt.

Vehicle: 2001 Oldsmobile Alero Sedan Gold Edition

Headunit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Front: Polk DB461

Rear: Infinity Kappa 693.11i

Speaker amp: Kenwood Excelon 4/100-4

Sub Stage: Dual 12" Tantric MD's in a 3.2 sealed Cherrycustoms box

Sub Amp: Sound Qubed Q1-2200D

Amp Wiring: Sky High 0 gauge OFC, Sky High 4 gauge OFC and Knuconceptz Krystal RCA Kables

Big 3 Wiring: Sky High 0 gauge OFC

Second battery-Sprinter S12V285F 83ah and H/O Singer 320 alt

You dont need a HO alt for 1200 watts, just get a second battery for the back, do a run of 1/0 and do the Big 3.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Look into an OEM with higher output from auto zone, advanced auto, Napa, or other auto parts stores. I'm sure there's one that outputs a little higher than what you have now. If not, then just add a battery in the rear close to your amp.

Do this if you want, when I did that I was looking at over 400 for a 140amp alt. I laughed at the guy, turned around and walked out. Check out your local auto electric shop
On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

how big is the stock alt on your truck? your only running 1200 watts so big 3, upgraded front battery, and possibly a rear battery will be more than enough as long as you dont have a tiny alt up front

Why do you need a HO alt?

ill answer..

you dont..

Looks like DC has them for your vehicle. Well worth the money too....

Like I said, not going to pay $600 I know they are good, I just don't have that kind of money for an alternator.
Missed the part about only running 1200w..... You don't need a HO alt. U should prob just add a 2nd battery and be done with it.

Edit: unless your stock alt is really small u shouldn't need to upgrade it.

You dont need a HO alt for 1200 watts, just get a second battery for the back, do a run of 1/0 and do the Big 3.

since when do you need a 200+ amp alt for 1000w?

Why do you want an alt? Are you having serious headlight dimming, or have you seen serious voltage drop? Do you have an AGM battery up front? I'd start there...

Then buy a battery for the back. If you can't find a higher output OEM from an auto parts store, your only other option is to buy a secondary battery.

I'd say no to that you're just going to strain an already small alt.

he's already straining it without the battery if he feels he needs one for whatever reason. If it's less than a 120A alt then even for that small of a system it's strained when you account for OEM electrical. OP says he doesn't have alt money, but he's got money for subs for a different build, then his only other option is a secondary battery and charger. Or get a smaller amp and deal with it.

Archived