Alternator's that aren't $$$$$ ?

Buying the biggest alternator allows you to upgrade more later if you want.

This is for my daily driver, and I will not be upgrading the system in it beyond what I already have. I have another vehicle for a balls to the wall build.

since when do you need a 200+ amp alt for 1000w?

Since people always upgrade from that 1000 system

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look into an OEM with higher output from auto zone, advanced auto, Napa, or other auto parts stores. I'm sure there's one that outputs a little higher than what you have now. If not, then just add a battery in the rear close to your amp.

Do this if you want, when I did that I was looking at over 400 for a 140amp alt. I laughed at the guy, turned around and walked out. Check out your local auto electric shop

just depends on the vehicle. A OEM 160A replacement for my old explorer was only $200 from Napa.

you may have a point lol

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Looks like DC has them for your vehicle. Well worth the money too....

Like I said, not going to pay $600 I know they are good, I just don't have that kind of money for an alternator.

I have a 250XP Hairpin Denso unit that I can do for you for just under $550.00 out the door. That's a discounted price for you since I want to see you run a quality alternator ^_^

Damn, there's the hookup right there.

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

Buying the biggest alternator allows you to upgrade more later if you want.

This is for my daily driver, and I will not be upgrading the system in it beyond what I already have. I have another vehicle for a balls to the wall build.

I bought the biggest alternator for the Jeep no use going small especially on a suv what if you wanted to add a power invertor or led light bars gives you so much more flexible options having a bigger one.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Look into an OEM with higher output from auto zone, advanced auto, Napa, or other auto parts stores. I'm sure there's one that outputs a little higher than what you have now. If not, then just add a battery in the rear close to your amp.

Do this if you want, when I did that I was looking at over 400 for a 140amp alt. I laughed at the guy, turned around and walked out. Check out your local auto electric shop

just depends on the vehicle. A OEM 160A replacement for my old explorer was only $200 from Napa.

Not for an oem quality alt it wasn't.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

When i went to Autozone and napa to look at a alt, I was looking at 200+ for a 140A alt. The stock one which is 60A was around $140. Maybe they charge different or you get discounts. But I seen that and walked away. Went to a auto electric shop with a alt that can fit my car, and he handed me a 120A alt for $120.

Edit: I was exaggerating the first posts price, but I do remember seeing a HO OEM alt for well over 400.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

The stock 97 explorer alternator is 130A, for under $150 after removing the core charge, at the time I needed a new alt due to a broken charging bolt. I asked for a larger output and was offered the 160A for about $200. Direct OEM size and fitment. Believe it or don't, makes no difference to me. Either way, cost of parts IS vehicle dependent.

Either he's got a 70A alt if he has the 2.4L or a 100A if it's the 3.3L.

Big 3, with respectable wire, then add small secondary battery and keep them topped off once a week with a decent charger.

It is the 3.3 and I have a second battery in the rear, that is running my sae-1200d. I was just worried about charging

Edit: Like I said, this is my DAILY DRIVER.. I will not be upgrading the system beyond what it's already at.

Archived