Second Skin Audio

Dual Sundown Audio X 15 D4

• 3 weeks later...

Would the box joe suggested work for 2x15 SPL dynamics 380d1a subs with a ground zero amp giving each sub 2000rms in 1 ohm?

Amp is a ground zero 4000.1

It would be best if you started a thread mentioning vehicle you have, max dims for a box, music you listen and goals, if the box above is not what is needed I will draw another for you if you want.

• 3 months later...

I know the current box of 7.6cu.ft which you designed for my old inferior subs plays but there is no highs. Im just worried I get a lack of the higher frequencies but then again I shouldnt of bought Sundowns then lol. I got a email from Yash saying I need 9cu.ft for them to play in so I was planing to invert the subs (adding 0.22 x2drivers= 0.44co.ft) taking the box to 8.94 cu.ft. Do you think I should try this? Also wanted to add a angle piece infront of the port inside the box, would this show a noticable improvment or just waste space? Thanks for all your help

The box I left you is 8.5 net, 9 net is not going to change things too much, so 8.5 or 9.

The inability to play higher notes is likely related to a small cabin which lifts up lower notes (and probably a weak front stage), one way to try to fix this is playing with tuning, anyways doing a larger box will not help you with that, the larger the box is the more efficient it gets but mostly around tuning so large box get louder around tuning but not so much away from tuning.

Im currently installing deadner in the front doors, there is a noticeable difference on the front left. I have fallen behind abit so I will complete the drivers door today. I previously had my front and rear speakers playing off the deck but going to install a Pioneer Gm-9604 and upgraded rca's and DD VO-M6s speakers in the front but Im abit worried as their frequency response is 70 Hz – 13kHz but the sensitivity is 97db. Would this be a reasnoable front stage?

http://www.ddaudio.com/products/mobile-audio/voice-optimized/vo-m65

http://www.pioneer.com.au/au/products/25/29/182/GM-D9604/specs.html

Archived