Oooh. Didn't think about the alternator being wired incorrectly.

Either way I am going to the shop that installed the alternator tomorrow and finding out what's going wrong.

I'm going to try a different amplifier and if that doesn't work, then I'm going to have them double check the wiring on the alternator. If it is the alternator, I'm going to send it back and try DC power. Maybe they can make me a custom alternator. The stock alternator on my car is 60 amps, and not many places offer 300+ amp alternators for my car.

OK, fixed the problem. The power wire and ground wire were too small to keep up.

Wire heats up, gets even more inefficient, draws more current, gets hotter, etc.

Before, I was drawing 1,600 watts (total) and it was dipping below 10v with my 330a alternator. Today I installed an M1d with all 1/0 wiring and I'm sitting pretty at 14v music at idle.

Did some 15 second burps while driving and never saw below 14.6.

glad you fixed it. the questions people asked you were hilarious. "are you using RCAs?" lol. this is a pretty common mistake so it's an easy one to solve.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived