Door panel reinforcement

Hey all

Just wondering what you guys do when you have door panels that are a bit....flimsy. I had to cut a fair amount of plastic out of the panel to fit my speakers, and even though the front is glassed the whole panel will twist and contort in ways that make me uncomfortable. I already found a spot where my filler is cracking and lifting.

Should I go apeshit with chop mat on the back of the panel? Maybe add a dowel or two for bracing? What about sealing off part of the back portion with more fiberglass? Or probably all the above right?

I know some of you crazy bastards have run into this before...what do you suggest?

<3

My baffles to the door drivers go directly to the door's sheetmetal ... and my door panel was built as a cover for the door as usual.

.... all this just to keep from worrying about something like this. My build log is on my sig if you would like to see pics.

Hope this helps

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived