Sonic Electronix

I have 3 12s wired to 1.3 ohms In a 4th order bandpass. Rockford bdcp 1500, 0 gauge everywhere even to the amp with about an inch of 4 gauge at the amp (all it accepts for some reason), 2 optima yellowtops. My voltage drops like crazy still, if I'm at a red light I could shut my amp off in 2 seconds from voltage drop. Also when I start my car it's way louder at first and throughout the trip it seems to not be as boomy. I've gone over wiring multiple times and see no issues

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, you could go ground crazy, add more batteries and power runs and you will still have drop at idle because your alternator can't keep up. The amp getting hot should tell you its starving for power. Clipping just makes that situation worse. Add an agm, turn the gain down and lower the HU volume at a red light.

Yes verymuch.

I cant think of many headunits I have used where bass boost should be set at anything other than 0.

If you dont have access to a DD-1 or an O-Scope then multimeter will have to do the job.

As its a Rockford its gonna do rated or more power so u can use a multimeter to set gains (U just wont get every absolute drop of power from the amp)

With your head unit flat and no bass boost everywhere. Set the gains on your amp to push 38.72 (Or less) volts. should get you in the ballpark of being safely tuned. Make sure your test tone to set the gains is clean.

If you leave it till the last minute, it will only take a minute.

Build Log - 4x12's Trunk Firing 6th

The optima s are AGM's

I know a non clipped test tone will send my single Optima from around 13.6 down to 10.6v just after turning my car off (On ill hold about 11.2 coz I still havnt got round to putting my new alt in and ran out of funds for new batteries) and im running 2400rms to the subs. So he shouldn't be having that much voltage drop on 1500 watts unless he has some crazy clipping.

If you leave it till the last minute, it will only take a minute.

Build Log - 4x12's Trunk Firing 6th

Yes verymuch.

I cant think of many headunits I have used where bass boost should be set at anything other than 0.

If you dont have access to a DD-1 or an O-Scope then multimeter will have to do the job.

As its a Rockford its gonna do rated or more power so u can use a multimeter to set gains (U just wont get every absolute drop of power from the amp)

With your head unit flat and no bass boost everywhere. Set the gains on your amp to push 38.72 (Or less) volts. should get you in the ballpark of being safely tuned. Make sure your test tone to set the gains is clean.

What do I use for the connection for the multimeter?? (Remote/ground, positive/ground, etc.) And how do u figure 38.72 just wondering

Archived