What would you recommend for a 3 inch drop in the front then? I've heard the 3 inch lower control arms suck.

Now they want me with nothin cause i let my pay show, so I hop inside of my Sonoma and let the bass go...

3 feet is a pretty big drop, pretty sure it's going to drag or not move at all.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

• 3 months later...

Go with spindles and a spring,try to stay away from dropped control arms because of the way they lower the coil spring pocket has been known to get hung up on things and at speed this can be ugly ;) and depending on wheel size a flat could also cause the arm to hit the ground.Also dont get confused by people changing arms to go lower,these generally keep the coil pockets the same but allow more clearance when you dump a bagged/juiced setup.

I used DJM 3" front springs, and 4" angled blocks in the rear on my 97 S-10. Loved that truck. If you go with BelTech drop 2" spindles, like ToNasty stated, either use the ZQ8 or a 1" BelTech or DJM drop spring. The ZQ8 is 1.5" drop btw. Using a <3" spring you can get away with not using the BelTech red rubber coil isolator. Anymore and you're going too low. I did BelTech 2" spindles and DJM 3" springs, and the GMC Jimmy is alittle too low in the front. Tire rub with turning the 245/45/18 tires.

Going to have to go with a 2" spring to get the front back up abit and get rid of the rub.

-Frank

Archived