Second Skin Audio

Some pics of my liquid cooled neo 18s setup. (pg2)

Kick ass!

Love seeing somebody go Mad Scientist!

;)

Excited to see how this turns out.

I've thought about active cooling on the subs myself since my XL12's are a little scared of my DC9K... O_O

this kind of cooling wont do anything to your VC unless you get the motor super cold so that it cools the air around it enough to make a difference inside the gap.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Drew! you still have those things? lol I remember them in Prestons car when I met you guys.

Some comments about the temperature. a neo magnet wont lose any magnetism until 176*f but the inside of the motor is obviously getting more heat than the outside, from the coil, so you need to measure the coil temp to know if youre in a danger zone. (stopped reading before that was brought up lol)

This I have no idea about but I wonder if Lenz's law comes into play with the copper coil.

http://video.mit.edu/watch/physics-demo-lenzs-law-with-copper-pipe-10268/

Lastly, it's funny as hell that you care more about cooling your subs than cooling yourself (A/C) lol. Hope you've been well buddy.

SKITTLES!!!! AAAYYYYY!!!

How are you man?

Yeah this car is just a demo box on wheels- I only do things to make it more unique/loud and just drive it to and from work every day.

I looked into Lenz law and it went right over my head so I just ran with it anyways. I bounced the idea off a physics friend of mine and he said go for it.

Initial testing was good- I did about 5min total of demo output/test songs and got no rattles from the lines, no leaks, no loss in output, and no excessive voltage drop. I'd say that is a positive first test!!

Tomorrow I'm letting the car sit in the sun and warm up before I get starting temps and ending temps after driving around and banging on it for a bit.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

I'm using automotive 50/50 antifreeze/coolant . This is also to discourage algae growth within the system.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:

Very cool, tuned in for more.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

lmao freedom units

I assume you are putting this into that wall of yours...

what about the winter months freezing everything?

ohio problems lol.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

l

what about the winter months freezing everything?

Also, I'm moving to Arizona where I'll be more worried about heat than freezing.

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

Tuned

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Awesome dude. With the water, I would think the only thing you should be really sweating is a short. Sure, water all over your subs would suck, but you're not going to immediately fry anything. So, just use distilled. Non-conductive, and that should eliminate that fear.

Once you're done, you plan on taking readings both on a day with the water off playing all sorts of levels and then another with it on doing the same things?

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Archived