Second Skin Audio

Some pics of my liquid cooled neo 18s setup. (pg2)

Great points.

I was thinking more along the lines of using it to cool the reservoir or the radiator and pass the cooled fluid onto the woofers.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

I have just lost some realization of normal temps for electronics ever since I started working with circuits for 300+ Celsius with no heatsinks or anything.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

get some hose clamps on those.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Not sure exactly how much it's helped, but it certainly hasn't hurt. Burped a 153.8 and did a 151.4 on 30 sec average with music.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:

The hardware store I frequent is out of little hose clamps and they're not leaking. When they get a new batch in I'll clamp everything for good measure.

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

It will probably take several weeks to really calculate hard data for the cooling as well as calculating how fast it will cool. Yesterday was a pretty hard trial run for the system. I traveled 560mi and did a lot of demos plus competing.

I did notice something mildly alarming throughout the day- the passenger side woofer was reading ~5*F hotter than the drivers side woofer. This was alarming because a blown coil doesn't generate heat...

BUT- after some investigating on the drive home I found a minor issue in the feed line to the passenger side woofer that was diverting more water to the drivers side and very little circulated through the passenger side.

After discussing the system with some people, I think I will change the tubing to being in series rather than parallel to double the flow rate and ensure I don't get unbalanced flow again.

Minus a few leaky spots that got patched up and addressing the flow rate issue this system is proving effective. I will continue to log and test and eventually design a heat exchanger to hopefully cool the amps as well!

As always, thank you for looking.

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

Archived