Second Skin Audio

Question of the day: What was the first subwoofer that you heard that made you fall in love with BASS?

Rockford Fosgate Punch were prolly my first I heard ever (someone else's vehicle).

My first subs I ever owned were the "DVC" then later some "POWER" close to the same era 1998'ish

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

these are the subs.. first sub i ever seen with a rating of 1k rms

IMG_0233.jpg

Imagine how much a pair of those and two 1000 watt amps to push them was back then, $$$$$$$$$$ Edited by Broke_Audio_Addict
  • Like (+1 Rep) 2

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Think it was something like 22 Image Dynamics in a walled Blazer with a clam shell.

First sub was a Jensen 10inch in a tube from walmart for $80ish.

Oddly enough this is the same model, its amazing how google images can take you back

$_27.JPG

I had it hooked up to something like this, I cant remember the brand no more, but I know it had a microphone though, but it wasnt for karaoke.

Denonet%20GP%20K3350%20Karaoke%20Machine

The next pair of woofers where some Pioneer 400 watt subs with the ohm logo and said pioneer or 400 watts in blue letters.

I only got them because a neigbor gave me a old Q-logic bandpass box.

These went in my moms aerostar with a old Orion cobalt 4030 or 3040 4channel amp that was beat to hell and back

Edit: Took a while to find the exact model looking pioneers that I had

These are the 2 12s I had

$_3.JPG

And this was the q-logic box my neighbor gave me, along with a Pyrmid 15inch sub that had a clear cone but the tinsels where broken (first sub I ever fixed).

00454913.jpg

Edited by Everly Bros
  • Like (+1 Rep) 3

Type r 12 in a q logic 4th order with a Rockford amp. This was in 2006. My friend that was a senior worked at best buy and bought all the gear from there. When he graduated he sold the whole setup to me because I was so in love with it.

x044QB1123-f.jpeg

Edited by Chance_P

Imagine how much a pair of those and two 1000 watt amps to push them was back then, $$$$$$$$$$

My chrome 500.2 was open box and still $800.00 for 1000 watts

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

M&M godfathers were in the first big build (back then) that fully got me hooked.
There was tons of RF and Orion every were in my high school in the late 80's, I dont know where the love for big bass actually began.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

IMG_0233.jpg

Imagine how much a pair of those and two 1000 watt amps to push them was back then, $$$$$$$$$$

i had a cheap amp and couldn't push it. i then sold it to a friend and he got the pair and got the punch amp at the time that too was the first 1k amp i ever seen. it cost about $350-$400. wasnt even $400 but was around there. the msrp was way higher though thats why its always good to know the right people