Second Skin Audio

Question of the day: What was the first subwoofer that you heard that made you fall in love with BASS?

My friend had slap in 10th grade behind the seat. He had a small flat bed truck with a stick in it. That's how I got hooked on 3 six mafia. I think two tens. I dont know what kinda subs or amp.

But the first sub I heard that made me fall in love with bass??
I was fresh out of high school. I didn't have a car until 2004 after I graduated high school. I threw some house speakers in the trunk and tried to wire up a head unit. My house speakers in the trunk didn't slap. My friend that was still in high school said I need a amp. He taught me how to hook up power from the car battery to the trunk. He told me I need ground, remote, & rcas. I had real 12s but I don't remember which ones.

JL 12W1My buddy gave it to me because he thought it was blown, I hooked it up in my 92 Sierra and fell in love with subwoofers (never had a desire before then). Shitty amp on a good sub, and I wish I never sold it. I want to try and get it back if I can, it's a friend I haven't talked to in a few years so hopefully he'll still have it next time I see him.... Whenever that is.

Edited by reedal

I was 15 at the time... Pair of super bass 10b from the thrift store in a prefab 4th. Been downhill ever since hah

Crunch 12s. My first ever demo was a guy with a mustang had two of them in a 4th order. This was back in the 90s, mind you, not the Maxxonics stuff from today.

After that, I got a demo from the Lanzar Hearse.

Bought my first sub just after that, a 8 inch Pyle driver I powered in a sealed box off a old kenwood house receiver. That sub could literally shake the cement block house. I was 10 or 11 at the time, and it all got worse after that lol

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Love the pic for this thread :drinks:

The first would be my brother's RX-7 in 1987 with six M&M Poly Subs (2 each 8's, 10's and 12's), all powered by a Punch 150 (first gen). He never had it measured, but it slammed in that 1st gen RX-7...best demo track back then was "Dirty Diana" by Michael Jackson. Beginning of the track would take your breath away.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

first subs i heard were my brothers pyramid gold series 12's. maybe rated at 250 watts? running off a kenwood 1021. so, like late 80's early 90's iirc.

Every time the bass would hit it would make me smile.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1