Mechman Alternators

only getting a 14.0 volt charge with new alt..

my stock was 14.5 all day..my powermaxusa was at 14.5 to 15 all day(but no idle charge)..my new mechman E-series 250 is at 13.8 to 14.

i have the big 3(4), 2 optima yellow tops zero g wire with 250 amp fuses..only runing 1600 rms to subs..

the mechman loses voltage just like the stock when bass hits....it will drop to high 12's and the back battery a little lower..

any ideas??..no belt slippage,batteries are new, ect,ect

not getn much help emailing mechman everday..

2004 F-150 Lariat

2 PGold 800 rms amps to subs

1 Hifonics 640.4 brutus to m/h

4 a2-65 6" percisionpower-mids

4 PT.2 tweets percisionpower-hi's

2 12" PA mofo's/box by "dave the box guy"

big 4 0/1 g front to back / 2 optima yellow tops

nutin special....

Thats a (forgive me, i dont know much of mechmans cases, but i read on alts a lot) large case hair pin right?

Man you should hold 1600 watts with like no drop with that tank. In fact, im kinda wondering why you bought such a alt for 1500 watts. But, i like your "go get it" attitude.

Anyway, ... You should hold 13.8 at idle, rev, all day...... what vehicle is this in?

edit- is the voltage your telling us at HOT?

Edited by Kyblack76

2004 f150 is the vehicle... the voltage is at start up..it actually goes down to the 13's when hot..i got the alt because im going bigger soon,and i was tired of the lites dimming also.

i have 2 Phoenix Gold 800 rms amps..they put out more than rated im sure..but ur right!..shouldnt have any probs with this alternator with those amps..

all the connections are solid..i can put the stock back in and it fires right up to 14.5 and will float a little higher when reving engine,mechman is at 13.9 and does nothing when reving ,but drop to 13.6 when it comes off the rev,then back to 13.9-14

prety sure my amps need atleast 14.4 to run correctly

now mind ya..the mechman doest fall AS FAR as the stock when a load is on it,but still isnt good

2004 F-150 Lariat

nutin special....

It's likely that the mechmna has a smaller pulley and would require a smaller belt even though it may not seem like it needs one.

Check for black dust around the pulley and front of the case.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

No.its not belt slip..this mechman has the same size pully as stock..e-series come with same size pullys..my powermaxusa has a smaller pully.but runs fine..my tensioner adjusted fine to the smaller pully on it..but thats not the problem..ya..scartchn my head too..lol

2004 F-150 Lariat

nutin special....

Mech man may regulate the voltage at 14 v

the others doing more voltage, dont mean anything about amperage....

its about HOLDING and keeping it up. not the starting point, cold, with no load.

How bad do you drop now under load?

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

What do the batts float at

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I have had 3 mechmans... all were 14.0v hot.

Alts don't do full amperage at the voltage they charge @ with no load, so in reality... I dont get why people get hung up on stuff like this.

Sometimes if it is hot enough, ill be @ 13.9v with dual alts.... only thing that matters is when the knob goes to the right, my voltage stays out of the dirt rather than looking down and going, "look how awesome that is.... 14.5v with no load!"

edit : about the 1600w and dropping into the 12's with a 250a alt and 2 yellow tops??? you should be able to hold 13+ without a battery in the vehicle with that alt and the amp full tilt.

Edited by ChevyBoy95

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/