Mechman Alternators

only getting a 14.0 volt charge with new alt..

batts sit at 12.6

sure i'm over thinking this, but 400plus dollars..just want to know why my mechman is best at idle (14volts) and goes to (13.7) when driving or revs.

sorry if i'm repeating myself..i'm sure i am..

i'm going to get a new pulley from them and see if thats the problem,(mine came with a stock pulley 2.25").the site says it comes with a smaller pulley(1.75) and i will need a new belt..the instructions also say that.

and there is a picture of my alt with a smaller pulley on it on the site and every youtube vid i watch with my alt..Sooo..in a few days or week or so..i will check back in with results..

thx u everyone!!!!

2004 F-150 Lariat

2 PGold 800 rms amps to subs

1 Hifonics 640.4 brutus to m/h

4 a2-65 6" percisionpower-mids

4 PT.2 tweets percisionpower-hi's

2 12" PA mofo's/box by "dave the box guy"

big 4 0/1 g front to back / 2 optima yellow tops

nutin special....

Because your batteries float should be 12.8 to 12.9 or so. Your resting voltage should be handled.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

both batts are newer..how do u handle the resting voltage?..charger got them up to 13 befor it turned off..then after a bit they go back down to 12.6 or so

2004 F-150 Lariat

nutin special....

same batts that were on the stock last week at 14.5 ..so i duno

2004 F-150 Lariat

nutin special....

guys at oreillys let me exchange both batts...new ones had shelf charge of 12.55..took home charged up..came to rest at 12.8...mechman still at 14..falls after warm up..hit some heavy bass,got the back battery to drop to 11.2 volts(but did bounced rite back to 14)..put stock back in..14.5 all day even after warm up..was told buy seller that my pcm wont let alt charge to hi..but stock and other after market do...sending it back..end of story..

2004 F-150 Lariat

nutin special....

what kinda wire are ya running? and terminals... as stuff heats up it creates resistance in the wires ect. make sure using ofc copper all over

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

guys at oreillys let me exchange both batts...new ones had shelf charge of 12.55..took home charged up..came to rest at 12.8...mechman still at 14..falls after warm up..hit some heavy bass,got the back battery to drop to 11.2 volts(but did bounced rite back to 14)..put stock back in..14.5 all day even after warm up..was told buy seller that my pcm wont let alt charge to hi..but stock and other after market do...sending it back..end of story..

end of story

did u specify on ur quote request what voltage u wanted it to charge at? i have had a few cars that only charged at around 13.8,i had bad connection on my mechman so after fixin that it went from 14 tops to bout 15.2 tops

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

well...now thats my fault..i did fill out a quote..waited 4 days..then just got the only one that the site showed they made for a f150.. quote came back right after i bought.they told me that it was the best one for me,if i got the one with the controller ,i was more than likey guna have problems with PCM and dash lites

.befor i send it back , im goin through everything hoping somthing is wrong,but dont think there is..stock runs just fine with everything the way it is..i have my meters on front battery and back amp furthest away from back battery..moved front to the alt and got 14.2 at start up/idle(cold or warm)..drops to 13.7 when over 1200 or so rpms(back meter is same a front meter with 17 feet of wire between..id say the wire is good-0/1 g CCA)..im fine with 14.2 at start up.but cant figure out the drop when driving..i still get hella lite dims.also just noticed some pulsing in the lites alswell..didnt notice befor..i have no idea what that could be..didnt have with other alts..

only reason im going to send back is cause i think mine should have a smaller pulley on it,and i dont wana void any warranties changing it myself .

2004 F-150 Lariat

nutin special....