Mechman Alternators

Mechman 320s series billet unit issue

i dont think you understood.. was the tensioner replaced? sometimes they look okay but they are not. they tend to weaken as they age and if you replaced the belt 3 times more then likely its at the end of its life.. i had to replace mine and fixed my belt slip

Edited by Miguels

i checked all connections on vehicle before work and the one on alternator post had somehow loosened a bit, i went to tighten it and i could not tighten it without possibly breaking something (not sure if theres corrosion all over or if the bolt was partially melted or what but was unable to loosen or tighten the bolt without being scared of breaking it right off)

i headed to work and noticed now i was getting 15.2 volts cold-later dropped to around 14.6 or so (hot im guessing)

i believe the issue was a bad connection at the alternator positive output

now at 2 ohm output dropping from 14.6 to 13.9 on bass hits. not sure what to do about the output bolt though

I will update thread if there are any changes in the future!

Edited by Masterbasser

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

When you get home tonight, try to take your + leads off the charge stud and clean them up with a wire brush. Take it easy and try to pop it loose, and make sure you disconnect from the battery first just in case you hit the block by accident. No one likes that kind of light show.

Nah never contacted anyone over there about it seems like everythings in order just was a bad connection, still not getting charge at idle sometimes,the car has a aftermarket cam in it so it lopes around anywhere from 800 to 600 at the lowest, depends what fuel im running usually

seems to stay around 15 volts all the time now

i am just worried about the connection on the charging stud and getting bolt off or tighter

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

IIRC mechman tol me turn on for some of these larger alts usually starts right around the 700-750 rpm area, but mine's not a hairpin so I could be wrong on that.

As far as popping that nut loose, just don't really crank on it but maybe put a wrench on it and tap the other end with a hammer and slowly try to break it loose. It may have just gotten really hot from the loose connection and might be seized up a bit.

try putting some coke onto the bristles of a wire brush (that way you're not pouring it into the alt or anywhere else in the engine bay) and gently brushing off the corrosion.