Sundown Audio

Best true 2000-3000 watt 1 ohm stable amp for under 400

akuma4u

Hey

looking for some efficient true rms rated mono amps that can push 2000-3000 @ 1 ohm for a 15 zv3 for daily listening

has to be super efficient, i want as little stress on my alternator and electrical as possible..

looking for something more affordable "cheap" (in price but not quality)

im from canada so 95% sure im going to have to import this amp here and theres a lot of extra fees in doing so hence why im looking for a low priced amp..

thank you

You won't get a 3000w amp that's true for that price unless it's used. Even a 2k will be hard to get new at that price. Closest thing at that price is soundqubed 2200.2 I believe. I think it tested 2139w at 1ohm (13.xVDC) or somewhere around there in the Real World Amp Tests thread on this forum.

You won't get a 3000w amp that's true for that price unless it's used. Even a 2k will be hard to get new at that price. Closest thing at that price is soundqubed 2200.2 I believe. I think it tested 2139w at 1ohm (13.xVDC) or somewhere around there in the Real World Amp Tests thread on this forum.

would 2100 rms be enough to run a zv3 15 daily? ive heard that sub needs at least 2500 but then others said rated is fine so im just left confused lol

and what about hifonics amps? they are affordable but not sure if they put out true power?

the zv3 is rated at 1750 rms...a little off your topic, but, honestly...I'd strongly consider upgrading your alt. if you're gonna be pushing that sub. I only have two X10s and I chose to upgrade my alt (singer). Less stress on the electrical system= a less stressed guy! The last thing I want to do after spending all this money on quality equipment, is damage it!

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

the zv3 is rated at 1750 rms...a little off your topic, but, honestly...I'd strongly consider upgrading your alt. if you're gonna be pushing that sub. I only have two X10s and I chose to upgrade my alt (singer). Less stress on the electrical system= a less stressed guy! The last thing I want to do after spending all this money on quality equipment, is damage it!

unfortunately, no one builds an alt for my car (hyundai genesis coupe)

well shit brother, in that case, the less desired path may be for you. The biggest agm you cab fit under the hood, and a descent bank in the back. back to your OP, look around for used amps, as reedal suggested, would most likely be your best bet. B)

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

Singer 220 amp alt

well shit brother, in that case, the less desired path may be for you. The biggest agm you cab fit under the hood, and a descent bank in the back. back to your OP, look around for used amps, as reedal suggested, would most likely be your best bet. B)

ok used amps, can u throw some brand names out that are efficient and do true power?

Taramps makes a HD3000 for 500, that's going to be cheapest you will find that kind of power...

Sounds like you should be looking at a 1750-2K amp.

I would suggest probably something like this:

http://store.crescendoaudio.com/symphony-s1500-1/

thanks bro i will look into that, but i heard to make the zv3 move i have to give it at least 2000 watts or more.. im afraid if i buy the symphony 1500 it wont make it perform as it should.

the cresendo bc2000d is something i was thinking about.. 2250 at 1 ohm.. that would be sufficient i think to push that sub decent.

what about hifonics amps? they are cheap and cea compliant.. not sure what the verdict on hifonics amp are...

you won't get much love here for hifonics...I've used them in the past...no complaints, but I have since upgraded to Sundown... :yahoo: you get what you pay for...they are affordable though.

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

Singer 220 amp alt

Archived