Sundown Audio

Best true 2000-3000 watt 1 ohm stable amp for under 400

akuma4u

I ran a pair of zv4s on 5k and 7k. I definitely noticed an increase in output between the two, and Def recommend a 2500 to 3k amp for a single zv4. A clean 2500 watts vs a 2k amp being pushed to its limits is going to be better all around. *This is all just my opinion based on hands on experience*

I ran a pair of zv4s on 5k and 7k. I definitely noticed an increase in output between the two, and Def recommend a 2500 to 3k amp for a single zv4. A clean 2500 watts vs a 2k amp being pushed to its limits is going to be better all around. *This is all just my opinion based on hands on experience*

i got a zv3 not zv4..

i got a zv3 not zv4..

...whoops. haha. I have no first hand experience with those so disregard my post. Sorry man.

Like reed all said, I'm referring to audible differences. Going from a true 1500 watts to a true 2500 watts will make a difference on the meter, you just probably won't be able to hear it.

The problem is almost no one actually KNOWS for sure how much power their amp is putting out. So if you switch from a budget 1500 watt amp that really only puts out 1200 watts and then go to a premium 2500 watt amp that puts out more like 3000, you are probably going to notice a difference.

Then there is the issue of how gains were sets. Assuming you are using a DD-1, going from a -7.5 to a -5 db test track will almost double the power going to the subs.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Sometimes though even if your ears don't perceive it as louder you can still feel a difference physically.

And triticum is dead on about the amps power output.

I bet people would be shocked that to find out their 1500 watt amp(even a legit one) is only feeding 100-200 watts to their subs due to various reasons.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

And then toss driver efficiency in with that and they'd be shocked to find out how little power they are actually using.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

^^^ yeah... It's a scary thought. One I don't want to find out. I like living not knowing. But I do want an AMM-1 and IMSG... One day

Archived