Sundown Audio

Best true 2000-3000 watt 1 ohm stable amp for under 400

akuma4u

wrong in many ways

per his logic get an amp that does the power you need at 2 or 4 ohms.. if i have a dual 2 ohm sub that is rated at 2000 watts and i wire down to 1 ohm.. the amps that will do 2k at 2 ohms are 4500 watt amps and even 5000 watt amps.. that sub will be dead in half hour.. its easy to say the sub will see have the power but how long will it see that power.. on burps it works on music it dont you might send the sub 500 watts and in a second send to it 4000 watts

potentially.

music has dynamics?

What a strange thought.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i get the get more power thing but to suggest that is very bad. head room is good but to guess what the rise will be is a disaster waiting to happen

i get the get more power thing but to suggest that is very bad. head room is good but to guess what the rise will be is a disaster waiting to happen

Unless you are a competitor and are trying to get every last bit you can out of your system.

For noobs it's a very bad idea, for people that know what they are doing and know the risk involved no big deal.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

no, what im saying is buying an amp and subs and thinking ahead of what the impedance will rise to is a bad idea. no one ever knows at what impedance the amp will play.. an open door, an open window, a folded down seat, a visor, an extra passenger and many other factors come into play.. for comps people want to win and it comes at a price..regular people never see the dark side of things.. people throw double the watts to subs but we never see them reconing the subs right before the next show. pipo recones his subs a lot

I have used the audiopipe p3000.1 in the past with great results.

powerful amp for the price.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

you won't get much love here for hifonics...I've used them in the past...no complaints, but I have since upgraded to Sundown... :yahoo: you get what you pay for...they are affordable though.

can u explain to me exactly what the problem is with hifonics amps and why other amps like sundown are better?

ive also run hifonics before and it did its job , but then again, ive never used any of the other "better" brands before either so i cant do a comparison.

would be nice to know how the other brands differ so i can justify paying more..

the Hifonics amp is very inefficient and will only put out about 2/3 the power at best ... I know I ran a BXI1200 for some time before getting an American Bass amp

is it safe to say that ALL their amps are this way? or is it only certain models?

upon my research im finding that amps can be categorized in a few different ways. Some amps do rated but are said to be very "power hungry" or need a ton of current.

Im trying to stay AWAY from those types of amps and instead get an amp that is super efficient , does rated or more and does NOT require a crapload of current.(maybe thats impossible??)

The reason behind this is because i most likely will NOT be getting a performance alt and will be relying on batteries and big 3 and my stock alt. So i want an amp that will be as gentle as possible whilst running 2000-2500rms on my stock alt for that zv3

i have no idea what amp(s) that would be but my list so far consists of:

sundown

taraamps

crescendo

Soundqubed

american bass

i think there were a couple more but i forgot! lol

if anyone can tell me what the top 3 in terms of efficiency and gentleness on electrical system are, or can add more names pls do so.

thanks

the Hifonics amp i had was a 2009 model and the 850 watts it put out was harder on my electrical than the 1000 my AB100.1 puts out

2 12" Jeff Vue Customs
1 set MB Quart FSB 216 in doors
1 American Bass 100.1 on sub
1 Hertz EP2 on doors
JVC deck IPOD control
Stock 105 amp alt
DD-1
big 3
new build in Chevy caviler http://www.stevemead...chevy-cavalier/

last set up in the ZX2 http://www.stevemead...-current-build/

old build log http://www.stevemead...-1998-ford-zx2/

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, debt is the money of slaves. Just my .02c

that shop needs keep those doors open so they have to charge for it

if people think 10k is a lot then they should get into other hobbies.. like masturbating, cause any hobby cost money to maintain

Lol no, I'm smarter than that bro haha. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..............go fuck yourself lol

the Hifonics amp i had was a 2009 model and the 850 watts it put out was harder on my electrical than the 1000 my AB100.1 puts out

hmmm... i got a 2014 model brutus x1500 , running at 2ohms @ 1100rms and when i have it pumping loud i notice the car starts running sluggishly.. at first i thought it was from the bass vibration making it feel like the entire car and footwells and pedals were shaking a lot but now im pretty sure its the car itself..

• 4 years later...

Archived