Juicebox Lithium Experience/Review/Discussion

So i did some searching and didnt really find any general discussion/post that was geared towards the new lithium so i though id post the experience im having with it and see if anyone else chimes in.

A little background, me and my buddy Taylor have been into audio for years, i tend to be more into the scientific aspect of it, building enclosures, doing over-kill testing on everything, researching for all the info and reading it until i really understand it, measuring twice and cutting once pretty much, on the other hand my buddy just loves bass and doesnt care to know how it all works, he just cares that it turns on and is loud. anything else is over his head, but lucky for him, hes got the deep pockets to afford to throw money at it to make it work, and a smart friend to solve his problems lol.

Previously he was running 5 103ah c&d batteries, 1 x 250amp alt, which were trying to power a dc 9k....obviously it wasnt cutting it. sure it could play, but the 10s werent EVER far away. So after much convincing, a lot of convincing, i talked him into ordering the new Juicebox 40ah lithium, skeptical would be a light way to say he didnt believe me. Not that he ever does, or ever has a reason or the knowledge to rightfully disagree, but nonetheless he did.

Well last week the battery finally arrived, and the smile hasnt left his face yet. Juicebox recommended that he have a back up AGM tied in, but i told him to hold off on that and try it just with the 1 battery first to gauge how it would do. 1 dc 9k + 1 Juicebox 40ah and a 250 alt, he hasnt seen the 11's yet, ever, shit he hardly sees the 12s, and even if he had he could be safe into the 10's reliably. This battery is walking all over the 500+ah reserve he once had. Above/below port tuning, its playing with authority and the voltage is always in the safe zone.

So for anyone thinking of trying it out but really not sure or convinced, this application is far from perfect, electrically wise, the alternator is much to small to try and support 9k regardless of battery bank, not to mention he never revs to get a decent alternator output, but with this battery there truly are no worries here.

heres a picture of the battery next to 1 of the 103ah batteries he previously had. for anyone whos used or seen the 103ah c&d you know they are group 31's and really not very big. the juicebox is about the same length, but a inch or two shorter and half the weight.... it is seriously amazing.

1436588249874_zps9tqaosen.jpg

ill try to get some videos of it in action soon,

JUICEBOX FTMFW

:spiteful::good:

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Love my juice box LiThium!! I've been beating on mine since the beginning of March with NO issues......with just the lithium in back and 65ah batt in front with my DC 320 powering my Ampere 8.0 TFE wired at .5 lowest I seen was 12.2 at the amp terminals after 5 songs back to back to back....with my 2 diehard G31s tied in lowest I see is 12.8 after 5 songs usual hovers in the low 13s range....

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

Archived