Second Skin Audio

X14 d4 Single Box Design.

I was recently going to build a decent enclosure that Joe X designed but my electrical is not keeping up so I've decided I will run ONE X15D4 until I can afford to import a decent alternator.

I was hoping I could receive help with a single box with a huge port area as I hear they love large port area and could also handle power from the Taramps Hd8000 2ohm amp(Wiring sub @ 2/8ohm?)

I would like to try get the box between 88cm / 34.6457 inches X HEIGHT 50cm / 19.685 inches X LENGTH 42cm / 16.5354 inches.

Two subs will be better than 1 even with the bad electrical. Just reduce the gains on the amp so less rms is given out. Also did you manage to have your gains properly set?

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

No landed up turning the gains right down. Put in the stock alternator which now drops to high 10's, alternator idles on 13.8 itself. As you've seen Cj I've been hunting for a alternator on the forums. I am so dissapointed not even worth driving the car, using my bike mostly because I want to crank it.

Was thinking of using just one sub with the dimensions above so that if I can use one sub in the meantime with piece of mind and if I find someone to upgrade my stock alternator I can always chuck the single 15 into the wifes car which will work on those dimensions until I get the alternator back into my car and the charging system running correctly/adequately

The thing is that the amp puts the power in not the subs, in fact two subs will give more output for less power, if you can run 1K to each they should do fine. The only reasons to do 1 sub over two would be A ) you have one blown sub, B ) you don't want a big box ever.

Nice to have a backup plan incase I use the wifes car which is tiny and has seats. I defianately want to run both otherwise buying a panelvan would of been a waste. Only problem is the the two are not doing justice as the gains are way down so they don't get sticky and hot. Running the deck at 42vol otherwise the voltage starts dropping. Guess in the end Im still stuck with the alternator Dilemma...and two x15s that I can't utilise just yet

\

Archived