Worlds Best Boombox - Custom Pearl Orange Diamondboxx - CLEAN and LOUD

I took this vid at CES . All 5 being controlled from 1 master. I have taken my Diamondboxx to a basshead meet. Just to prove the bluetooth is that good, I set it down and then walk away.

Edited by Smoove
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

Great product! Props to Tony for developing it. Audio done right; active crossover, subsonic filter, thick enclosure, high quality drivers.

I can understand the discussion about the price, but quality costs money. Mass produced injection molded speakers with D-cells may be cheaper, but that's reflected in the sound. Judging by the cycle life claim he is using LiFePO4? Very nice. Is Tony on this forum?, I would like his explanation on the choice for class A/B. That stuff eats away battery while it doesn't sound much better than a well-designed class D.

I laughed when I saw:

Two 2 inch (51mm) Helmholtz resonators, tuned to 45 Hz

In the description

Because 'ports' didn't sound fancy enough? B)

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

I was just thinking that someone should do something like this, but that's why tony is tony because he's ahead of the game.

My only concern is that the mids are exposed. Will there be any kind of grills to protect the cone/surround?

Edited by baron_of_bass
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

I really love these things. I'll probably grab one at some point in showtime green :D

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

ST-728x901.jpg

Showtime Electronics

Authorized Dealer For Many Popular Brands Including XS Power, Kicker, McLaren, Beyma, Ampere Audio, DC Audio and more!

Site: www.showtimeelectronics.com

eBay: www.stestore.net

Amazon: www.amazon.com/shops/showtimeelectronics

Email Us : [email protected]

Great product! Props to Tony for developing it. Audio done right; active crossover, subsonic filter, thick enclosure, high quality drivers.

I can understand the discussion about the price, but quality costs money. Mass produced injection molded speakers with D-cells may be cheaper, but that's reflected in the sound. Judging by the cycle life claim he is using LiFePO4? Very nice. Is Tony on this forum?, I would like his explanation on the choice for class A/B. That stuff eats away battery while it doesn't sound much better than a well-designed class D.

I laughed when I saw:

In the description

Thank you sir!

The choice of Class A/B was based on two things - Sound quality and idle current. These are both suprior on a class a/b amplifier. Advantages of class D amplifer are size and better effiencency under some conditions, not all. Size was not a concern as the size requirement for the woofer airspace was the determining factor there. Efficency was a wash. So Class A/B it is, and it sounds great!

Just trying to give Dr. Helmholtz some love and respect :good:

• Like (+1 Rep) 4

THAT'S TOO EXPENSIVE!!!!!

TrollFaceCropped.jpg

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

JK, looks pretty badass. I made a "boom box" that I gotta hook to a battery but it isn't anywhere near as badass as this.

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

I laughed when I saw:

In the description

Thank you sir!

The choice of Class A/B was based on two things - Sound quality and idle current. These are both suprior on a class a/b amplifier. Advantages of class D amplifer are size and better effiencency under some conditions, not all. Size was not a concern as the size requirement for the woofer airspace was the determining factor there. Efficency was a wash. So Class A/B it is, and it sounds great!

Just trying to give Dr. Helmholtz some love and respect :good:

Idle current shouldn't differ too much I think? What are your findings?

The main thing is that class AB uses about 4 times more power with music at max volume.

Waste of battery IMO. Class D is also much more suited for mass manufacturing (SMD, sinking via the PCB).

I saw on your FB page that you were searching soldering techs down to 0603. There's no way your handassembling this (right?).

Do you mind sharing some internals, maybe via PM, I always like to see the engineering work of others.

Edited by lutkeveld

I love the aluminum faceplate, and heatsink idea.

Any plans to offer just the amp? I would love a mini-amp or preamp that puts out 40wpc thats clean and undistorted and has that look. More and more people are looking at headphone amps too.

Hope this catches on more!