Just bought a new-ish DD1 and it has Steve's scribble on the back. Also, he wrote " '12 ", so I'm guessing it was signed in 2012? Steve? This one was supposed to be brand new never used. Someone who bought it, then left the industry to do something else. But surely that ain't true if it's from 2012....

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

no he does not sign each unit. Several dealers stock them as well

ST-728x901.jpg

Showtime Electronics

Authorized Dealer For Many Popular Brands Including XS Power, Kicker, McLaren, Beyma, Ampere Audio, DC Audio and more!

Site: www.showtimeelectronics.com

eBay: www.stestore.net

Amazon: www.amazon.com/shops/showtimeelectronics

Email Us : [email protected]

Mine's signed too, bought it in 2012 it has the '12 as well. Could've just been sitting, never used? Although I don't think using it would really affect the value, you hooked it up, set gain, and take it off not really any abuse.

Think the signing thing was a limited time deal, weren't they started up in 2012? Think it was just a bonus for being one of the first to buy it iirc

Edited by Sergeant_Skyrim
ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

As fast as they sell out my guess is it's a new unit

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

The unit that the guy bought than sold to the OP could of been a refurbished unit, but he wasn't told that, the unit also could of been bought years ago and never or lightly used. Being that it came from a 2nd party those possibilities are endless.

The unit could have been sitting back on a shelf in Steves storage racks and placed in the wrong section and it wasnt noticed until the box was grabbed to be shipped out to a customer that ordered say a IMSG or a CC-1 and then realized it was a DD-1 before shipping and got put back in the correct place.

Usually only some of the first units where signed that came from Steve or his store himself, I dont think he continues to sign them no more like he use to sign each one, but will sign if asked too.

It could of been sitting miss placed on one of the many SMD products retailers shelf's

Since all the meters come in the same style, color box with only a little sticker to tell the difference it is easily possible that the unit was stocked in the wrong place for a long period of time and not noticed until a company that bought 1000 dd-1s, and 1000 cc-1s and 1000 im-sgs never noticed until they finally grabbed that specific box. But chances of it coming from a retailer are slimmer since those units normally didnt get signed unless Steve to product off his own shelves to fill an order for a retailer which also was not uncommon.

So no a signature dating back to 2012 doesnt mean its an old unit, It could be new found stock.
I instantly smell fishiness due to the fact that one of your own threads was WTB Reconditioned-BStock-Returned-Used DD-1.

I get the feeling that the product or Steve is trying to be slandered over a product that you yourself didnt even buy new and got second hand (new in box or not unless you where there when the original owner purchased the unit (which Im sure you where....) there is no real way to tell)...
So chances are if it was signed in 2012, it was bought in 2012 and whoever you bought it from lied to you.

I instantly smell fishiness due to the fact that one of your own threads was WTB Reconditioned-BStock-Returned-Used DD-1.

I get the feeling that the product or Steve is trying to be slandered over a product that you yourself didnt even buy new and got second hand (new in box or not unless you where there when the original owner purchased the unit (which Im sure you where....) there is no real way to tell)...

Uhh yeah. I wanted to buy a refurb or used DD1.....because they're 99 frickin dollars refurbed. So what's fishy about that? I openly said I bought it used from a 3rd party, so how in the hell am I trying to slander Steve or the DD1? That doesn't even make any sense man. Imagine for one second buying a DD1 that the seller claims in "new never used" and finding Steve's signature and '12 on the back. Does that automatically mean I got lied to? No. But it is pretty damn peculiar.

And as for the difference between a new and used one.... about 50 bucks. That's the difference.

Edited by firebirdude

So your saying its fishy yourself............

But chances are you got lied too, or it was a miss placed unit on the shelf that was just found.

Chances of you buying a "new" unit that was "never used" from 2012 is slim. Unless the person bought it 3 years ago and never used it.

There is nothing peculiar about it, besides the fact that it seems like you are trying to slam Steve for selling used units as new due to the date when in fact it could of been a unit 3 years old, or the other person could have bought a used or refurbished unit, but apparently the person you bought it from didnt lie to you, so it must be Steve right....

There is nothing peculiar about it, besides the fact that it seems like you are trying to slam Steve for selling used units as new due to the date when in fact it could of been a unit 3 years old, or the other person could have bought a used or refurbished unit, but apparently the person you bought it from didnt lie to you, so it must be Steve right....

What the flying fuck are you even talking about man? How in the hell am I trying to slam Steve for selling anything? I didn't buy it from him or even an actual SMD distributor. The only person I'm even remotely questioning is the 3rd party I bought it from. And the only reason I even care about that is if it's truly used, then I should have paid used price. That's it. For all I know Steve signs every single one of these and " '12 " is a batch number or something. I have no clue, that's why I asked. That's it. Quit trying to read into some shit that ain't there man.

Edited by firebirdude