Second Skin Audio

4th order design opinions for 4 15s

Beanz

How would I go to be getting good output from say 25hz and to at least 45hz? Increasing my tuning?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Big%20ass%20Port_zpsr4jz6bi2.png

How does this look?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

That looks better. Your port area is marginal, but should work, you won't want to go any less than that though.

If you want less peaky output you need to shrink down the front chamber. That will give you increased bandwidth, but it will cost you output. Everything is a trade off. Its up to you to decide how much bandwidth vs max output you want.

No matter what you do I strongly recommend you make the port removable so you can change the tuning once you have the box in the vehicle. Bandpass boxes are VERY sensitive to tuning frequency and you don't want to build the box only to find out it doesn't play low or high enough for what you want it to do.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived