hey everyone, i have a question that im just trying to get an opinion on. so, i have a 2000 blazer with the stock alt still (yes i know laugh it up LOL). but i have done the big 3 with skyhigh 1/0 OFC. i have just an average duralast battery up front, and an XS power D4700 in the rear. all wiring in shca 1/0. the rear battery is grounded to where the rear seats bolts to the frame/floor, is that a good ground? Im running an AQ2200 @.7 ohms. my voltage drops to mid 11s. is that to be expected with the batteries and wiring i have? do you guys think i need an HO alt for this amp or just a few extra batteries? thanks! :)

I would reground your your rear battery to your frame. Ground your alt to battery. Upgrade your underhood bat to a agm and see whole your voltage is. I would also save for a quality ho alt. Singer, dc power, mechman

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

You should always use frame grounds for everything. You don't need a high output alt for that, but it's not like it would hurt. You'd probably be able to maintain a higher output and help the amplifier be more efficient. But, if you change those grounds to chassis/frame grounds, and upgrade the front battery to a AGM, then I'm sure you'll see much better voltage as long as gains were set right and you're not clipping the amp.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with first to replys, or just run your ground wire from battery to battery, similar to power, as most cars chasis grounds are similair to 4 gauge wiring. AGM battery would help as well,

I dunno but he got 99 problems reading aint the only one.

Terry Brocks', on 13 Oct 2011 - 1:38 PM, said:snapback.png

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)

I agree with first to replys, or just run your ground wire from battery to battery, similar to power, as most cars chasis grounds are similair to 4 gauge wiring. AGM battery would help as well,

This isn't quite true. There was a test done that shows up to about 3-4k watts a chassis/frame ground is actually better.

Maybe someone can find the video, I'm terrible at navigating on my phone.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

This isn't quite true. There was a test done that shows up to about 3-4k watts a chassis/frame ground is actually better.

tuned in, curious to see the reasoning behind that

If I have a full frame available I always use it.

The only time i do a front to back ground run is in unibody vehicles because they have horrible return paths.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

• 5 months later...

I have no personal reasoning behind it. I used to work at a car audio install shop, and thats what one of the gurus there told me.

I dunno but he got 99 problems reading aint the only one.

Terry Brocks', on 13 Oct 2011 - 1:38 PM, said:snapback.png

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)

I have no personal reasoning behind it. I used to work at a car audio install shop, and thats what one of the gurus there told me.

Tony D and Tony C talk about it in one of their videos. I think it was brought up during one of their capacitor debate videos, but I'm not sure

Archived