XS Power

:deadhorse: not to beat a dead horse...but I have a d3400 under the hood, and a d3400 in the back as reserve. I now know that the xp series is more ideal for a reserve batt. but the d series isn't bad right? In the future when I upgrade, just like everyone else eventually...would I be okay adding xp series to the reserve along with my d3400, or should I try to sell the d3400, and just go with all xp series for the bank?

You'd be fine just adding other batteries. Make no difference having D series and Xp batteries in your bank unless you want to get OCD about it :P

Just to clarify the XP series as a starter battery though, I want to say I read they're just not meant for under the hood use because they are not as tolerant of heat as the D series are. The D series are built beefier and are able to be used BOTH under the hood AND in a bank. The XP series is ONLY to be used in a bank, away from the heat of the engine. I'm pretty sure you'd be fine running an XP series battery as your singular main starting battery as well, I had one XP3000 as the only battery in my Cavalier for a while a couple of years ago before I beefed up my bank and it worked just fine. The only difference being it was in the trunk, NOT under the engine.

Tl;dr-D series able to be used under the hood and in the back in a bank; XP series for locations away from heat ONLY(such as trunk, interior of vehicle, NOT under the hood).

• Like (+1 Rep) 1
ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

:deadhorse: not to beat a dead horse...but I have a d3400 under the hood, and a d3400 in the back as reserve. I now know that the xp series is more ideal for a reserve batt. but the d series isn't bad right? In the future when I upgrade, just like everyone else eventually...would I be okay adding xp series to the reserve along with my d3400, or should I try to sell the d3400, and just go with all xp series for the bank?

You'd be fine just adding other batteries. Make no difference having D series and Xp batteries in your bank unless you want to get OCD about it :P

Just to clarify the XP series as a starter battery though, I want to say I read they're just not meant for under the hood use because they are not as tolerant of heat as the D series are. The D series are built beefier and are able to be used BOTH under the hood AND in a bank. The XP series is ONLY to be used in a bank, away from the heat of the engine. I'm pretty sure you'd be fine running an XP series battery as your singular main starting battery as well, I had one XP3000 as the only battery in my Cavalier for a while a couple of years ago before I beefed up my bank and it worked just fine. The only difference being it was in the trunk, NOT under the engine.

Tl;dr-D series able to be used under the hood and in the back in a bank; XP series for locations away from heat ONLY(such as trunk, interior of vehicle, NOT under the hood).

umm :No:

1) do not use an xp battery as a starting even through someone said they did it and it was o k for them.

2) please see #1

3) The d series batteries are just fine. Please go to the first page and read my small write up i did comparing both in real word.

thanks

:ninja: