Second Skin Audio

Ok guys, as stated in the title, I have a Rockford R750-1D amp. Birth sheet said it put out 880 watts at 1-ohm. Plenty of power out of this little amp. My head unit is a pioneer deh-p5000ub which is powering 4 kicker 6.5" coaxials (yes I know thats not the best but I was on a budget). The amp is powering two Rockford P-2 12" dual voice coil woofers wired to 1-ohm. I was looking for an amp when i came across one of Meade's videos dynoing this amp. I have the subs in a sealed box at the moment that so happens to be way too small for them. I am looking to make a new box for them but im in a Trans Am which does not have much trunk space. Dont want to remove the back seat either because I do haul passengers on occasion. Im also looking to go ported on the box but this requires me to have 3.58 cu. ft. of air volume. My question is; Do I have enough space to make a ported encloser or do i have to stick to sealed? Also, Meade, I was wondering how you hooked up this amp to your dyno to get those numbers. Did you just use one of the speaker outputs or both? If both, how did you wire them?

No one can tell you if you have enough space without you taking measurements and posting the dimensions. For your second question, it's a monoblock amp. The two sets of speaker outputs just makes it ease of wiring. The terminals are connected so no matter if you put one sub on each set, or only on one, or you're trying to bridge it like you would a 2 or 4 channel amp, the amp only sees it as if there's one positive and one negative speaker out.

Archived