low fps on high end machine

I remember something like this happening on my pc after an update and the I think super sampling or something to that effect where it tried to double the resolution vs the pixel count effectivly doubling it and puttin a big strain on games

FSAA could be turned way too high, yes. At 1920x1080 2x should be ok..

tuba - Check that your card is not overheating and dropping the GPU clock. MSI Afterburner using the on-screen display helps with this (or GPU-Z, it will log high and low temps and you can check high temps after gaming). You can manually adjust the fan profile if that is the issue. Alternately the issue could be FSAA or your PSU is a bit weak.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember something like this happening on my pc after an update and the I think super sampling or something to that effect where it tried to double the resolution vs the pixel count effectivly doubling it and puttin a big strain on games

What update was this? A GPU update?

2009 Dodge Caliber SXT (Silver)

Deck: Pioneer X3600BHS

Amps: RF P1000X5

Front: RF P16-S

Rear: RF P1694

Subs: 1 RF P3D2-10

Cabling: Stinger 6 channel RCA, RF 4gauge kit, SkyHighCarAudio 16gauge speaker wire.

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188246-caliber-build

Professional Networking: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kade-mallett-332b8a104

FSAA could be turned way too high, yes. At 1920x1080 2x should be ok..

tuba - Check that your card is not overheating and dropping the GPU clock. MSI Afterburner using the on-screen display helps with this (or GPU-Z, it will log high and low temps and you can check high temps after gaming). You can manually adjust the fan profile if that is the issue. Alternately the issue could be FSAA or your PSU is a bit weak.

I 2nd that.

2009 Dodge Caliber SXT (Silver)

Deck: Pioneer X3600BHS

Amps: RF P1000X5

Front: RF P16-S

Rear: RF P1694

Subs: 1 RF P3D2-10

Cabling: Stinger 6 channel RCA, RF 4gauge kit, SkyHighCarAudio 16gauge speaker wire.

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188246-caliber-build

Professional Networking: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kade-mallett-332b8a104

What update was this? A GPU update?

He might be thinking of VSR/DSR which essentially allows you to emulate higher resolutions through the graphics driver.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived