Sonic Electronix

Install assistance RF 400x4 Punch amp into factory head unit

This is a two part thread.

Part 1

So this summer its time to upgrade my components I will be installing a Rockford Fosgate 400x4 Punch amplifier.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/p400x4

I have a few installation questions, So I have a 2014 toyota Corolla S plus which has your standard non amplified touchscreen radio and a 6 speaker configuration (2 tweeter 2 front doors and 2 rear deck)

I have heard some troubles installing amps into these cars and was just wonder how and what i'm supposed to do here, Reading around i found some information regarding buy a harness of some sort that uses the factory harness with ease and no cutting however I couldn't find said harness. So my next recommendation was to use an LC6i Audio processor and (The harness which i cant find) So instead I picked out an amp that has the capability to utilize High level input via RCA cable from my speakers. (RF Punch 400x4) So I ordered 2 sets of these http://amzn.com/B009B8EJYU Assuming I will need 2 sets (Front and rear speakers) I still don't have a basic understanding how I will even hook these up.

So am I going the correct route here? I am trying to make this as seamless and clean as possible while staying on a budget. Any advice to this installation or anybody familiar with this radio and or how to do this?

Part 2
I also went to wally world and pickup up a set of these for the rears (Temporary While I plan out what speakers I really want for the rear deck) and Havent purchased any door speakers yet. http://www.amazon.com/Kicker-41DSC6934-3-Way-Coaxial-Speakers/dp/B00IZNPMPW/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1438007930&sr=1-4&keywords=6x9&pebp=1438007923984&perid=11TGQCWZXZB6JV6ENC3D Got them for a steal at 53.48$ Out the door after some negotiating with the store manager. Now i'm assuming these are piles of shit like most kickers shit and I'm looking for recommendations on some nice 6x9's for the rear as well as some nice 6.5's for my door speakers.

A Little background last summer I picked up a pair of CT Sounds EXO 12's that I ran out of 6 cube (If i remember) homemade ported box that I made myself with a buddy using white birch and (I think it was RE box maker) powered by a single CT Sounds 1400.1D Amplifier (yes I know it wasn't near enough power but I spent a lot of time last summer buying different subwoofer sets and shit and ended up giving a lot of my gear away that i bought before (cause I believe in sharing and contributing to bass heads everywhere)) I got the Exos (baddest motherfuckin subwoofers i have ever had the pleasure of owning ) anyway so cash was tight and I couldn't afford to go balls out on a much larger amp however they still sounded nice but i'm sure I hadn't tapped into even 1/4 of the subs potential) again it was last summer and i'm having a hard time remembering, anyways my corolla didn't like the 450 lbs the back of my corolla and I missed my trunk so i took it all out around fall. I still have all of it too.

So now I'm wanting to just go clean and install a full set of components with a nice amp for daily fantastic sound with some decent bass without a woofer (yet).

Anyways thanks guys I think I thought of everything but if you have any further questions just and thanks ahead of time for any and all advice.

Archived