Mechman Alternators

How to determine what size alt?

Since you're only running less than 2k and im assuming its a daily I'd get what ever alt will give you most output at idle.

It may not be their biggest alt out there but you don't need them biggest one anyways.

Whatever you go with make sure it's a hairpin 6 phase.

Did you have a specific alt you were looking at?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Since you're only running less than 2k and im assuming its a daily I'd get what ever alt will give you most output at idle.

It may not be their biggest alt out there but you don't need them biggest one anyways.

Whatever you go with make sure it's a hairpin 6 phase.

Did you have a specific alt you were looking at?

No, not yet. Thats why Im here.

Im looking for a long lasting alt I can trust I wont have to replace every year.

High amperage at 800 rpm sounds great because my cruising rpm is 2000 at 70 mph.

My problem is my existing alt is a 6 groove pulley and probably from the existing van. The cummins engine is 8 groove pulleys and I hoped I could finally use a 8 groove belt if my alt was 8 groove. I just replaced my a/c compressor with 8 groove.

Can you help me choose one, or build one for me?

B318567E-7867-4265-97E8-1B59C6F2EA6B-253

345B042F-329F-4869-918B-DE6E8A3180B3-253

Edited by rebar

Go big so you are not replaceing after next build!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

if its a diesle, get the most output at IDLE you can. You will want the LOWEST turn on you can find.

The revs on oil burners hardely see 2k for total output. And idle is even worse. There are half a dozen people on here with smokers that hate their top output with their 600-800$ after market alts.

Get the badest idle you can find, and youll be happy.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

if its a diesle, get the most output at IDLE you can. You will want the LOWEST turn on you can find.

The revs on oil burners hardely see 2k for total output. And idle is even worse. There are half a dozen people on here with smokers that hate their top output with their 600-800$ after market alts.

Yeah, its diesel..

Anyone have a link so I can simply put it in my cart and buy it?

Or how do I contact stevemeadedesigns.com? As his contact page doesnt work.

Edited by rebar

Well you posted in the mechman forum so I was assuming you were looking at a mechman alt.

I'm sure if you give them a call they will go over everything with you and help you get what you are after.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Dude... I wanted to make a coal rollin bass vehicle. Didnt even think of that. Fails for days.

Kenwood KVT-614

(4) Marathon 155 AH batts

2/0 OFC SHCA

Mechman 370

(2) Audioque 3500.1

(2) AA Mayhem 15s