6.5 PWX Crescendos BIG CONCERNS

Picked up 4 crescendo 6.5's for my 14 corolla, will be putting 2 in front doors in stock spots and 2 in rear deck stock spots.

Car comes with 6 speaker system, with two tweeters build into the corner of the front windows facing the cabin.

Question is this I will be running these on my Rockford Fosgate P400x4 Punch

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/p400x4

Since its a relatively efficient amp and the birth sheet says 563 watts should I be running each set of nendos on 1 channel to maximize the power instead of 50 to each then its doubled of course? (If my understanding is correct), effectively running it in 2 channels instead of 4, are there draw backs to doing this? will it effect anything drastically?

Also will this effect my stock tweeters in the front stage with too much power? or do i need to buy crossovers for them?

also let's say i run them each on 1 channel since ill be not utilizing even half there power potential will I be able to go lower on the hertz range closer to 40 hrtz? instead of nendos tech sheet saying 80 hrtz +?

Not running a sub till next season i think so trying to make the best of this configuration for a little bit of time.

Thanks ahead of time guys.

• 1 month later...

bump

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

If you are running a 6.5" driver, I would highly suggest not running them below 80 htz no matter how many watts you throw at them ...

Your bottom end response will depend on how well you seal up your doors during installation ...

Ok, if you plan to operate 6 speakers and keep your balance and fader functions ... you will need 6 channels of amplifier power. Unless ... you passive the tweeters with the front doors and run the rear doors off of channels 3 & 4.

Make sense ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

if you run the amp in 2 channels instead of 4 and and run the same 4 speakers that are 4ohms you would actually loose power since the amp isn't 2 ohm stable while bridged. You would have to connect the speakers in series resulting in a 8 ohm load, rockford doesn't say how much power it gives out bridged but i assume it somewhere are 50 watts.

it sounds like you are using oem amp for oem tweets, no real solution to make that louder

the 6.5 pwx has a freq response of down to 83 hz, that doesn't mean set your crossover to 80hz it means set your crossover at 100-125hz since it's a slope not just a cutoff at that freq.

You would have to connect the speakers in parallel resulting in a 8 ohm load.

No. Series would increase impedance, not parallel.

the 6.5 pwx has a freq response of down to 83 hz, that doesn't mean set your crossover to 80hz it means set your crossover at 100-125hz since it's a slope not just a cutoff at that freq.

Really ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Really ???

yes they're loud speakers not subs, they do put out a bit of midbass but at the minimum i'd set the crossover at 100hz, 125hz if you're giving it rated power.

you can put on a 80 hz test tone at low volume and adjust your crossover until you stop picking up the 80hz tone.

Mine soundqubed PA's are high-passed at 80 and have no issues with reproducing that on rated power. Freq response stops at 100hz. What's the explanation on that?

Really ???

yes they're loud speakers not subs, they do put out a bit of midbass but at the minimum i'd set the crossover at 100hz, 125hz if you're giving it rated power.

you can put on a 80 hz test tone at low volume and adjust your crossover until you stop picking up the 80hz tone.

Yea man, my bad thinking these were sub bass drivers and not midbass drivers ... guess I'm a f##king noob ??? But correct me if I'm wrong, but the average midbass driver should be set up to play 240 htz down to 80 htz with 12 db of slope ??? I mean if you set them around 100 / 125 ... what's gonna make up the difference if the subs are normally set at 70 htz low pass ???

Archived