Subwoofer Box Golf MK3

IVIike

Hello Guys,

i was searching here and in other forums but i could find something matching for my topic.

I have a 15" CZ Audio Subwoofer ( More Infos), 2x Rockford Fosgate T2500bd (infos) Amps and 2 Batteries (Infos), also the wires are 76mm² thick in diameter, Headunit is a JVC KD-R741BTE, Frontsystem is a Hertz ESK 165 on Lightning Audio LA 8004. So hardware-wise it's a nice setup.

The only thing is i swaped my car and drive a Volkswagen Golf MK3 now, so i have to (re-)build a new box for maximum output.
Last measure (with this old setup) showed 148.8db at windshield on passenger-side. My friend (who measured this) told me that there should be 150db at least, better up to 155db with this setup.

Has anyone already build a box for this car for such purpose? Can someone give me information on the volume of the box/port? Should i go for bassrelfex/bandpass/closed? Do you need more information?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Michael

PS: sorry, if i'm wrong in this forum, but i thought SPL would fit the best

Golf mk3s peak at 52-55Hz. With a trunk box it is almost always 53Hz and with a wall it can be 55Hz. Build a ported box that peaks at 53Hz, this does not mean that it will be tuned to 53Hz, you have to use Bassbox Pro or just test test test. To peak at 53Hz you might have to tune the box a few hertz lower but Bassbox Pro can predict this quite accurately and you can see it on the graphs. I had to tune my 18" in my Golf to 43Hz to peak at 53Hz but I had a very small box. With your sub and box it could be different.

Get a termlab, build a box and start testing. Make the port longer at first and start cuting it down and measuring the dB. You will find the loudest tuning.

Make a ported box, use a big slot port or a round port. Make a big flare on both ends of the port. Port and sub facing up and port on the drivers side is usually the loudest. This should get you 150dB. 155dB is hard, you need to build and test a lot. With this setup anything over 150dB is good in a Golf.

your friend knows shit if he´s seriously saying you should burp 155 on a single 15" and 5K on a daily box on the back

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

• 2 weeks later...

Archived