Do you like Amp Dyno tests? How about an Old School Dyno Drag Race?

Here we have two amps from around 1992, the Rockford Fosgate Punch 150HD and Orion 275 sx. Here were the ratings from the manufacturers at 12V:

RF Punch 150HD:

75 watts x 2 at 4 ohms

90 watts x 2 at 2 ohms

180 watts at 4 ohms mono

not rated for 2 ohms mono

MSRP: $515

Orion 275 sx:

75 watts x 2 at 4 ohms

150 watts x 2 at 2 ohms

300 watts at 4 ohms mono

not rated for 2 ohms mono

MSRP: $550

Watch the video on YouTube in HD

or embedded below:

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

That is a fantastic idea.... head to head testing.

Id say they are both on par.

Good shit man. :hi:

I asked Tony D a while back if this type of testing would work with the Dyno and he told me Steve asked him the same thing (great minds think alike). It's a very cool way to do Dyno testing....more fun for the viewer as it's like a race to see who has the most wattage! My power supply is good for about 320A at 14V, so I can't test two big amps...maybe in the future I'll have it beefed up. Would be cool to see the OS 250x2 amps such as the Orion XTR-2250/Lanzar Optidrive 500/HiFonics Zeus VII / etc. go head to head...

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

That is a fantastic idea.... head to head testing.

Id say they are both on par.

Good shit man. :hi:

I asked Tony D a while back if this type of testing would work with the Dyno and he told me Steve asked him the same thing (great minds think alike). It's a very cool way to do Dyno testing....more fun for the viewer as it's like a race to see who has the most wattage! My power supply is good for about 320A at 14V, so I can't test two big amps...maybe in the future I'll have it beefed up. Would be cool to see the OS 250x2 amps such as the Orion XTR-2250/Lanzar Optidrive 500/HiFonics Zeus VII / etc. go head to head...

Hells yes man...

Get Steve to send you some bank,... and lets have some HIGH NOON show downs.... hell ya !

Great idea man..... well done sir !

lol, Steve owes me nothing.... I found a really powerful 600A adjustable power supply, but it's $1800! Ouch, but that should handle virtually any amp or pair of OS amps I'd want to test (Except maybe a pair of HiFonics Colossus or US Amps VLX-400's)