6s would explode my car! =@

4s probably would too!

here was the aftermath of my last time out. Of course this is mostly my lack of skill when driving...and even with all of this, i still love the hobby, i even love working on the cars.

destroyed bulkhead

AB26FD73-89EB-4E86-81AC-96FCEE905013_zps

bent the shit out of my casters

B593A1C6-794E-4799-BC70-CC7B50FE5C9D_zps

D50F35B6-045F-4E83-8CFD-961D7EC4F2EF_zps

and the time before i had to switch motors out in the middle of the parking lot:

A8BDA934-3BC1-4FDA-AC80-C5088DB44941_zps

and this is just cleaning after running on a dirt track

FA6E421A-23FE-4BCB-A643-C129F181609E_zps

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

It was, I had a lot of fun with it crawling at the local parks. That sensored motor was butter smooth on rock crawling... Problem was, I loved making it go fast. Even half throttle, it would lose balance and do cartwheels... Then I would have to replace things and that got expensive really quick. I stuck with my buggy, but then I got bored with it since my buddy couldn't afford to repair his anymore and it was expensive. I left that hobby just about 1 year ago. I still have a Tamiya TT-01 that needs a engine cover and it would be up and going again. But I don't even have a battery charger anymore, so I would have to put money back into it to get it going... so it just sits for now. I've been thinking about jumping back into the hobby from time to time, but my interest now is acquiring tools for wood working.

Tried to get into it. Read a bunch of forums and dropped a few hundred on various things. Drove it around the house a few times just because......

Realized I wasn't going to play with it like I thought I might, sold everything and haven't looked back since. I've got too many other hobbies. :)

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

lol I used to have a problem. my collection still consists of over 13 different trucks from traxxas to team losi to team associated.

I actually used to competitively race my team associated B4

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

I have a ton of RC's ranging from 1/32nd to 1/5th scale... I have ran nitro, gas and electric... out of the three nitro has to be the biggest pain in the ass to deal with, just about everytime you run you will need to 'tweak' the motor.... Gas is great but the sticker shock of getting started in it can be rough, that and rather hard to find a bashing location due to the size... Electric is by far the easiest one to run, just one issue and that is the Lipo's can be pricey if you do not treat them with respect...

As a beginner I would have to push you towards the slash 4x4 or rally 4x4... And the reason for that would be they are REALLY hard to break and you can get them stupid fast for just a few extra $$$ The t-maxx/revo have their place but just too much to break on a simple oops... Also with the new AVS system it will help you keep things in a straight line...

If you go thru tower hobbies you can even break the payment into 3 monthly parts VS all at once... Good luck with what you decide to run and just have a blast...

Any questions just hit me up, Have been in the hobby for a year or two... OK so more like 20+ years... haha

2010 Chevy  HHR Panel (Work in progress)

Pioneer AVHX-5800BHS

McLaren MLM880's and MLT2's 2ea per door on a DC 175.4

Two DC Audio M4 Level 5 15's On A DC5K

Alt CES 200/270+

4ea Banks of Maxwell 2.7v 3000f caps for a total of 2000f

1ea XS 3100 and 2ea NSB FT170 Batts for 450+ah 

Not a HUGE build but here it is... DC Audio HHR Build

TDH-skater229.jpg
SkaterLogo.jpg

I have a ton of RC's ranging from 1/32nd to 1/5th scale... I have ran nitro, gas and electric... out of the three nitro has to be the biggest pain in the ass to deal with, just about everytime you run you will need to 'tweak' the motor.... Gas is great but the sticker shock of getting started in it can be rough, that and rather hard to find a bashing location due to the size... Electric is by far the easiest one to run, just one issue and that is the Lipo's can be pricey if you do not treat them with respect...

As a beginner I would have to push you towards the slash 4x4 or rally 4x4... And the reason for that would be they are REALLY hard to break and you can get them stupid fast for just a few extra $$$ The t-maxx/revo have their place but just too much to break on a simple oops... Also with the new AVS system it will help you keep things in a straight line...

If you go thru tower hobbies you can even break the payment into 3 monthly parts VS all at once... Good luck with what you decide to run and just have a blast...

Any questions just hit me up, Have been in the hobby for a year or two... OK so more like 20+ years... haha

Thanks man. I appreciate all the input. I was looking at the Stampede, but they don't have a 4x4 verison in nitro. Really looked into going electric too, but I've always loved the idea of having a stupid loud RC car that went fast too. That's kinda why I decided on the T-Maxx over anything. The 3.3 is actually a 1/16th scale versus the Classic which is a 1/10th scale.

Archived