Just started really looking into purchasing myself a nitro r/c truck. Pretty well have my mind set on the Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3. I figure I don't do anything else with my free time, why not spend some of my money else where besides on my car and still have a little bit of fun.

Welcome to a fabulous money pit! Once it breaks you start upgrading and before you know it you've spent as much on upgrades as the original purchase price. It's fun though.

An 1/8 scale buggy is much more reliable, but it's not a monster truck. Buggies are less prone to roll too, making running more fun.

Welcome to a fabulous money pit! Once it breaks you start upgrading and before you know it you've spent as much on upgrades as the original purchase price. It's fun though.

An 1/8 scale buggy is much more reliable, but it's not a monster truck. Buggies are less prone to roll too, making running more fun.

Is there that much difference between the 1/8 and 1/10 scale?

T-Maxx is OG and a solid truck. I have the original first gen T-maxx when it came with the TRX Pro.15. Lots of money later in mods and repair, and conversion I still thrash on it today.

If you starting out. Go with a Tmaxx classic (should come with that 3.3) I haven't been looking on RC forums for ages so I don't know what else is out that can compete.

Like paralyzed said the 1/8th buggies are cool. I think Ofna offers a RTR version. Also look into Truggys. Give you a bit best of both worlds.

My other tip, Make sure what ever you get make sure it has a fail safe. Nothing worse then seeing your truck going hauling ass when you get a small glitch. Spring return on the throttle is another good safety incase receiver battery died, or something disconnect.

If it's worth building, it's worth over building.

image_zps27zlqdnx.jpg

T-Maxx is OG and a solid truck. I have the original first gen T-maxx when it came with the TRX Pro.15. Lots of money later in mods and repair, and conversion I still thrash on it today.

If you starting out. Go with a Tmaxx classic (should come with that 3.3) I haven't been looking on RC forums for ages so I don't know what else is out that can compete.

Like paralyzed said the 1/8th buggies are cool. I think Ofna offers a RTR version. Also look into Truggys. Give you a bit best of both worlds.

My other tip, Make sure what ever you get make sure it has a fail safe. Nothing worse then seeing your truck going hauling ass when you get a small glitch. Spring return on the throttle is another good safety incase receiver battery died, or something disconnect.

Was really interested in the E-Revo in the beginning, but I finally decided to go with nitro because the idea behind having a fast R/C is to be loud too, right? They have 2 T-Maxx models out, the T-Maxx Classic and the T-Maxx 3.3. The Classic has the 2.5 motor. The 3.3 actually comes with Revo drivetrain parts and some steel components on top of the 3.3 motor. Along with the previously mentioned, the controller comes with Bluetooth capability so you can adjust steering sensitivity and such.

the bluetooth thing is almost more of a gimmick than it is useful, but it can be nice. Do yourself a favor if you go nitro and get a manual start for the engine, the electric start will only cause you frustrations and make you hate the hobby.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Electric is the way to go. Once you get into the 50MPH range or more, it's really hard to control them. I had a Traxxas Summit with a brushless motor that could run 6S, but I always ran it at 4S. Also had a Team Associated RC8.2E.

Archived