1st trip to Indy MOTOGP

So my old charge nurse saw my post on FB and sent me a message.

"My friend is racing at Indy". Thinking he was some local yahoo with enough funds to race at the local level, I decided to look him up.

Nope, her family friend is non other than AMA Superbike Champion "Josh Herrin". lol. That's cool as hell.

I did not see him race, we were on the road right after the race.

If you look in the stands, the Daytona 200 barely has spectators now.

My last trip to Daytona was 2013. The shirt I'm wearing was taken out of the plastic bag. The date on the shirt "Daytona 200 March, 2003"!!!!.

daytona%20fence_zps4u5u9cyf.jpg

-Frank

That's awesome man! Should told me! Austin is a great city, and COTA is a great track. I'm not really impressed by their food or outlet setup at the track though. And it gets completely packed there, they need bigger walking aisles.

But, I will be flag marshaling for the Lone Star Le Mans event coming up in September. Both Tudor and WEC will be racing. Volunteering all 3 days, 0530-2230. Some long ass days, but going to be awesome. I'm super excited. Last two years they've gotten rain too for the main race. Standing out there all day in the rain would suck a little, but seeing that race, that close, in the rain would be awesome.

And actually, if you're interested, they're still looking for people to volunteer to marshal... ;)

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Lisa and I already agreed. We are definitely go to COTA for MotoGP next yr. We'll fly there. That drive was a killer for all of us!

A Daytona, security is so light, after the Daytona 200, you can sneak into the paddock to meet the riders. I met Nicky Hayden and Matt Mladin, and got to see Chanlder's Muzzy Raptor. Indy was pretty secure, so no way of sneaking in. Security was everywhere. I will be saving up for paddock tickets this time. No way will I spend $1100 on a race and NOT meet the riders!!!! Not going to complain. A weekend getaway would have cost the same for a family of 4.

One thing about COTA, my buddy did complaint that though he sat under the an awning and avoided a sunburn, he pretty much was forced to watch the race from the jumbotron. No way! What are the best seats in the house at COTA? Though I am scared of heights, I want to climb up that tower. :D

-Frank

So my old charge nurse saw my post on FB and sent me a message.

"My friend is racing at Indy". Thinking he was some local yahoo with enough funds to race at the local level, I decided to look him up.

Nope, her family friend is non other than AMA Superbike Champion "Josh Herrin". lol. That's cool as hell.

I did not see him race, we were on the road right after the race.

If you look in the stands, the Daytona 200 barely has spectators now.

My last trip to Daytona was 2013. The shirt I'm wearing was taken out of the plastic bag. The date on the shirt "Daytona 200 March, 2003"!!!!.

daytona%20fence_zps4u5u9cyf.jpg

-Frank

Hella cool man, glad you got to go see it. You breaking all the rules in that picture, lol, jk.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Haha, yeah, what can I say, I'm a rebel. Lisa and I have a pic holding hands, crossing rail road tracks....in the foreground the sign reads "stay off tracks". :D

That's how light security was that year. In the 90's, there were cops on scooters about every 100 ft patrolling the fence- constantly telling people to get off the fence..... me included. In 2013 I think it was just 1or 2 cops on scooters. Sad.

-Frank

for me every time ive gone to COTA (4 races now, 2 MotoGP & 2 Formula1, and 2 x-games) me and my dad have just done the general admission tickets since the way the track is set up you can literally walk to any spot you want on the track and have a great view. The first couple years they didnt have all of the jumbotrons hooked up around the whole track so unless you were in a popular spot, like turn 1 or the turn 19 there werent any screens to view the rest of the race, but theyve since fixed that and there are screens pretty much everywhere on the track. Personally ive gone to turn 11 and turn 13, from those spots the view is great, along with it being on a little incline so you can actually see the whole track almost, not just the part where they drive by you. Its also a very bendy part in the track followed by a long strait away so you get to see a lot of action. I really would not get grandstand tickets, your refined to 1 seat the whole race, and NONE of them are covered, so the metal bleachers just reflects the Texas sun and BAKES you, i had to sit on them for hours strait for x-games and it was the worst. Also with general admission you can bring umbrellas and fold out chairs so you dont have to worry about sitting on the ground, along with being able to pack up and check out any part of the track during the race so you can really see which view you like best. ill upload some videos form the races from where i usually stand.

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

That would be awesome tboom. Lisa noticed Indy allowed people to bring small coolers. Wish we did that. 4 Gatorades, 1 dog, and 1 brat was $30!!!!

Any info would be much appreciated!

That reminds me, I want to see Moto-X. Adding it to the bucket list now. ;D

-Frank

here is turn 11, this was the first time ive watched from this point, other times ive gone past this hill and to turn 13/14/15 and watched there, both spots are really good, the other spot is cool for MotoGP mainly because its slightly downhill and after a corner so they are hard on the throttle and usually will catch air since the downward slope is concave, it really fun and sketchy to see them get airborne at 140MPH lol. Like i said in this video you can see not only the turn, but you can see the back strait away also and they just zoom by, its pretty mind blowing, 200+MPH at that point

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Archived