Thoughts on this?

APU's are great, not saying they aren't. I got the impression OP would buy a GPU from the start though, so unless that isn't the case I wouldn't waste the money on nice integrated graphics that won't even be used. Just me though.

Some people have their fingers crossed that AMD will add support for more "dual graphics" cards. You crossfire the GPU with the APU. Thus one less GPU you have to buy. Smaller case, smaller footprint, less wattage consumed, etc.

That's the reason I got my APU. Eventually the integrated graphics will be used.

2009 Dodge Caliber SXT (Silver)

Deck: Pioneer X3600BHS

Amps: RF P1000X5

Front: RF P16-S

Rear: RF P1694

Subs: 1 RF P3D2-10

Cabling: Stinger 6 channel RCA, RF 4gauge kit, SkyHighCarAudio 16gauge speaker wire.

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188246-caliber-build

Professional Networking: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kade-mallett-332b8a104

APU's are great, not saying they aren't. I got the impression OP would buy a GPU from the start though, so unless that isn't the case I wouldn't waste the money on nice integrated graphics that won't even be used. Just me though.

Some people have their fingers crossed that AMD will add support for more "dual graphics" cards. You crossfire the GPU with the APU. Thus one less GPU you have to buy. Smaller case, smaller footprint, less wattage consumed, etc.

That's the reason I got my APU. Eventually the integrated graphics will be used.

Which is cool, especially for those who buy and APU and upgrade later. I still don't know that it is a better option than a 970 from the start though. Not with today's hardware at least.

That said though, yeah the APU should still keep up fine with other CPU's. Not a bad choice by any measure.

:peepwall:

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Graphics cards do fail, my iGPU has saved me from being without a computer more than a few times while waiting for my card to go through RMA. RMA's usually take 3-4 weeks and I really don't want to go that long without my desktop.

Lol does every single thread on SMD go side ways?

Most lol

I apologize

2009 Dodge Caliber SXT (Silver)

Deck: Pioneer X3600BHS

Amps: RF P1000X5

Front: RF P16-S

Rear: RF P1694

Subs: 1 RF P3D2-10

Cabling: Stinger 6 channel RCA, RF 4gauge kit, SkyHighCarAudio 16gauge speaker wire.

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188246-caliber-build

Professional Networking: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kade-mallett-332b8a104

Graphics cards do fail, my iGPU has saved me from being without a computer more than a few times while waiting for my card to go through RMA. RMA's usually take 3-4 weeks and I really don't want to go that long without my desktop.

I've never had a issue with anything failing on me, but if something does I'll take care of it. I have my laptop to do whatever I need. This is just for some part time gaming every now and then.

With that being said

I'm going to go with the FX-9590

Also upgrade from the 1866 Memory

My last question is, can that card run what I want it too? Can I go with something cheaper? Ect.

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch

Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)

I've never had a issue with anything failing on me, but if something does I'll take care of it. I have my laptop to do whatever I need. This is just for some part time gaming every now and then.

With that being said

I'm going to go with the FX-9590

Also upgrade from the 1866 Memory

My last question is, can that card run what I want it too? Can I go with something cheaper? Ect.

For FPS you want the highest end card you can afford. You can always run lower end graphics to increase your FPS. You would probably be fine with a GTX 960 going from what you had.

Archived