HELP...is my wiring the problem??? AMP Hot

Hi Everyone,

Really need help and the recommendations/suggestions of you more experienced folks. I recently purchased a Crescendo BC5500 amp to power my (4) subs. I have them in a 4th order tuned in the high 20s. Since subs are dual 1 ohm, i currently have a 0.5 ohm load on my amp. Here is list of my equipment and a quick diagram of how i have it connected (excuse the crappy pic). Sounds great but my amps heats up FAST then goes into protect mode. Won't turn on till 30+mins after it cools down. I reached out to Crescendo and they confirmed my amp model has an internal fan (even though i can't hear or feel it) and suggested my wiring was wrong after we went back and forth on what my system consists off.

List of equipment on my 98 (2) door Chevy Tahoe

• Front of truck
    • (1) Yellow Top Optima
    • (1) Iraggi Alt 240amp low idle
    • (1) DC Power Alt 240amp rebuilt by Iraggi
    • (2) aftermarket electric fans
  • Rear of truck
    • (4) 15 in. RE Audio SXX w/ PSI recones
    • (1) Crescendo Amp BC5500d
    • (1) Boss Audio amp D350.4 (mids/highs)
    • (2) XS Power D5100
    • (2) XS Power D925

All +/- wiring is SHCA 0 gauge with the exception of the ones going to the Boss amp and coming from the electric fans.

I know my wiring ain't ideal or perfect, but before i "re-wire" it again, i want to do it right. Any recommendations??

image001_1.png

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you measured voltage at the amp with a multimeter when it cuts out? Clipping it too much?

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

Have you measured voltage at the amp with a multimeter when it cuts out? Clipping it too much?

I have a digital volt meter but have it connected at front alts. Voltage there is steady at around 13.8-14.0 volts. I would have to connect the multimeter and stare at it until it turns off. Is that what I should do? Regarding the clipping, not sure how to check that with a multimeter.

Why is your fourth order tuned in the 20s? I would DMM all coils separately if voltage is fine

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

Archived