Internet Speed

I'm getting 60Mb up and down on Verizon Fios outside Philadelphia. fiber optic connection is theoretically infinite bandwidth. it's either the modem or the isp that slows you down.

Cables and wires almost never fail; the terminations do.

• 2 weeks later...

What you guys know bout that middle of nowhere speed?

E11C4455-BF21-4BA0-90B8-20A7D3B66685_zps

We've been getting something like that for almost a year from Centurylink. Few weeks ago they announced that they had a fiber plugged in the wrong switch. :lol: Looping the whole town through a single rack I suppose.

Now, we're back up to 10mbps down and 1mbps up. Lame as hell.

2009 Dodge Caliber SXT (Silver)

Deck: Pioneer X3600BHS

Amps: RF P1000X5

Front: RF P16-S

Rear: RF P1694

Subs: 1 RF P3D2-10

Cabling: Stinger 6 channel RCA, RF 4gauge kit, SkyHighCarAudio 16gauge speaker wire.

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188246-caliber-build

Professional Networking: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kade-mallett-332b8a104

We've been getting something like that for almost a year from Centurylink. Few weeks ago they announced that they had a fiber plugged in the wrong switch. :lol: Looping the whole town through a single rack I suppose.

Nice. Maybe that's what's wrong here, but I doubt it. This is Verizon DSL, 1.5mbps advertised, but clearly much less than that. At my house we have cox, not sure what "package", but it's 6.6mpbs download on the test, which is plenty enough for me.

Nice. Maybe that's what's wrong here, but I doubt it. This is Verizon DSL, 1.5mbps advertised, but clearly much less than that. At my house we have cox, not sure what "package", but it's 6.6mpbs download on the test, which is plenty enough for me.

Tell us more about cox 6.6 pacakge.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Tell us more about cox 6.6 pacakge.

;)

E11C4455-BF21-4BA0-90B8-20A7D3B66685_zps

Thank you for experiencing this so that I don't have to lol. Do you have isdn?

I don't have a clue what that is

Archived