Single ended or Differential Input RCAs

Just want to make sure that I have this right as most of the equipment is in boxes once again, and I want to buy RCAs before installing. To test whether I'll need coaxial or twisted RCAs the only equipment that I need to hook up is the power and grounds on each of the amplifiers to my batteries? Do the batteries need to be installed in the vehicle (power ran to alt, ground to vehicle?) or can I just hook each of the amps up to a 12v power source just to test RCA outputs/grounds with a multimeter?

And to make sure I have this right,

Single-ended is coaxial

Differential input is twisted?

So if the resistance reads very low (<1ohm) then I need coaxial RCAs because I've got SE, and if the resistance reads very high then I'll need twisted because this means I'm working with differential input?

Now does headunit play into this at all either? I'll be installing a Pioneer 80prs fresh out of the box, new. Will not be hot swapping any RCAs, or doing anything to potentially risk damaging it. I've been through that before and learned. Each of the amps I'm working with are also a DC Audio 9k, Crescendo 1100.4, and a Crescendo Symphony 550/2.

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Archived