Sonic Electronix

Small RF System (Need Guidance & Advice fine tuning)

Posted this in the wrong section. Moving here. :unknw:

Hi Everyone,

Took me a while but I finally ran into SMD website since lately I've been upgrading my car audio for my 06 Avalanche. I don't have anything wild and probably will keep it this way until I can get the bigger bucks. I sure wish I had found this site before I went ahead and got what I have in now. Nevertheless I am content at the moment. I have a couple questions from browsing for the past 2 weeks on this site and watching all of Steve's tutorial and build videos.

My build:

HU: Pioneer AVH X4500BT (Will upgrade to NEX 4100)

Subwoofers: 2 Rockford 10" R2SD4-10 Shallow 4ohm DVC

Enclosure: Dual Sealed

Amplifier: P500-1bd

Wired: @ 1ohm using 4gauge wires (500RMS)

Door Speakers:

Rear: Polk Audio db651s Coaxial

Front: Db6501 Components

Amplifier: Pioneer GM A5602

Wired: @ 4ohms (150RMS)

Like I said nothing too wild but a great improvement over factory. I already know for one after watching Steve do his thing, I want and NEED a DD-1, two) I want and NEED OM-1s. Lol

Questions:

1) Since Im wired 1ohm using the above amp using the RF wiring guide for the above subs. Would I need 2 OM-1 to reflect 2 subs output or just 1.

2) When adjusting gain for mids & high, seeing that I have what I believe is a passive crossover, I tried doing this "by ear" and man do the tweets scream, don't even think I heard the mids, I don't even think the gain was even quarter of the way up before I had to back off. I know this wasn't the most efficient way of tuning but until I can get the DD-1, are the polks that loud that the gain would not even need to be adjusted that much even when using the DD-1?

Sorry for the long first thread. Ill post pictures when I can.

Thanks,

Keagan

HU: Pioneer 4100 NEX
Subs: 2 Rockford Fosgate R2SD4-10"
Amp: Rockford Fosgate P500-1bd wired @ 1ohm
Front: Polk Audio Components DB6501
Amp: Pioneer GM A5602 wired @ 4 ohm
Rear: Polk Audio Coaxials db651s
(2) OM-1s, (1) VM-1

Archived